Because Seb is canon in the MCU

Sam was trying to convince Bucky to work for the government. But Bucky was adamant not to work for them. Not again.

"You have to pay the bills somehow. You have to work."

"I understand that. But I am not working for the government. I did once, remember? Look where that got me."

"I know it's scary, Buck. But what else are you going to do? I honestly don't know how you kept yourself alive after leaving HYDRA and before the whole airport shit went down. But whatever disability cheque you are getting now, it's not going to be enough."

"I get military benefits like you do, Sam. And if I ever need more money, let's just say I have enough shit on a lot of rich people."

"You really want to do that? You really want to go around blackmailing people for money? Is that what you want Dr. Reynor to find out?"

Bucky glared at Sam. He hated when Sam brought up the doctor. For some reason, Bucky hated thinking about the doc's disappointed face. Sam knew that. What was wrong with blackmailing a couple assholes? It's not like Bucky isn't gonna do anything. He likes the whole hero thing. He likes that people know they don't have to be afraid of him and can count on him. But he wasn't going to risk being under government manipulation.

"Sam, I hate you."

"I know. But you have to do something. Then get into a corporate job or maybe something that requires some manual skills? I don't mind feeding you, but you won't even let me do that. You keep buying stuff for the kids and then cheap out on medical bills. You will die of an infection some day!"

"You know that I am scientifically enhanced, right? "

"Doesn't mean you just let bullet wounds fester!"

"I am also a former assassin and know basic first aid. I have never needed a doctor for all that before. I don't need one now."

"That's because there were doctors all over you after the mission was done! You fucking moron!"

Bucky bit the inside of his cheek. He looked away from Sam. Sam didn't understand. He was happy that he didn't, he didn't wish his past on anyone, especially not Sam. But in this moment it would have helped if Sam did understand.

Sam touched Bucky's shoulder. He knew why his boyfriend didn't want to work for the government. But he also knew that Bucky liked to help people, that he had this protector instinct in him. And Sam just wanted Bucky to work as a freelance contractor.

"Okay, how about this, I enter the contracts and you work with me. We can split it two ways. I understand that you're afraid of becoming a weapon in the wrong hands, but now you're in control of yourself, okay?"

Bucky licked his lips. This did sound like a better option. But if things went south, Sam's ass would belong to the government, he couldn't risk that.

Before Bucky could say anything a loud gasp distracted the two of them.

"Holy shit, is that Sebastian Stan?! Oh my god, I'm a huge fan of you. Can I please have na autograph? Can I have a picture with you?!"

Bucky and Sam looked at each other. This boy was probably in his late teens. He looked so excited to see Bucky. But Bucky felt really confused. Sam took out his phone and began googling something. A girl was standing beside the boy looking thoroughly unimpressed with the boy. She looked a little older than him.

The boy looked through his bag and pulled out a notebook. He tore out a page and handed it to Bucky along with a pen.

"He's not Sebastian Stan. You got the wrong man, buddy."