Conversations and accusations

(Pretend that Tony, Nat and Steve didn't have the Endgame ending. This is just people flirting with Bucky and him being anxious. A little bit of BuckyNat. If you don't want that, skip to the next for SamBucky)

Tony decided to throw a party after they won against Thanos. They all deserved it.

Bucky was still unsure if he should go to the party. Steve insisted that he should.

"Steve, I don't think it's okay. Tony hates me and rightfully so. I don't want to cause anymore drama between you two."

"Buck..."

Bucky shook his head and smiled at his best friend. He had seen the way Steve and Tony looked at each other. He recognised those looks. There was a time Steve looked at him like that. There were a lot of untold feelings that would remain untold just like between him and Steve. Maybe if Tony met Steve before he met Pepper, things would have been different. And Steve's 1900s childhood won't let him acknowledge any feelings towards Tony. The least Bucky could do was not complicate things further.

Steve sighed. On one hand, Steve knew Bucky needed to spend time with others but on the other hand, teh idea of seeing the pain in Tony's eyes broke his heart. He didn't know what to do. So he called the one person he knew would be able to handle this.

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"I need your help."

"Of course you do. What's this about?"

"So, I think Bucky needs to meet more people but I'm not sure if bringing him to Tony's party is a good idea. What do you think?"

"That doesn't matter Steve. It's both of their decision."

"Nat, please."

She sighed. "You want me to ask Tony?"

"Will you?"

"Okay."

Steve paced around anxiously in Bucky's living room as Bucky took a shower. Nat called back about 15 minutes later.

"Bring him."

"Thank you!" Steve squealed excitedly making her laugh.

Bucky exited the shower. He'd shaved off his beard almost completely leaving a light stubble behind. He was putting his hair up in a bun when Steve entered his room.

"Nat asked To-"

Steve stopped short when he saw Bucky's exposed back and the scars on it.

Bucky turned around immediately. His eyes widened for a second before they hardened.

"Leave."

"Bucky.."

"Leave. Wait outside."

Steve licked his lips and walked out. Bucky quickly put on a shirt and then walked to his bathroom again and washed his face.

As Bucky walks out in the living room, his eyes had their usual softness that was reserved only for blonde dork.

Steve eyes were glistening. "I'm sorry. I should have saved you. I should have looked for you. I.."

Bucky pulled him into a hug. "Thinking about you was one of the few things that kept me alive. You don't know how much you helped. Don't you dare blame yourself."

Steve's grip tightened around Bucky. Steve pulled back and stated, "We're going to Tony's party."

"Steve..." Bucky began but was cut off by Steve.