absolutely no one asked for this

absolutely fucking no one asked for this, but i just wanna give a thank you to ming-na wen and chloe bennet.

if by some miracle either of you see this, i just wanna say that you are both such inspirations to me, and daisy and may are too, and i can't thank you enough for what you unknowingly did for me, and all the other asian-american girls, and boys, and everybody.

like first of all, ming-na, mulan has been my favorite princess ever since i was like two, and may has inspired me to try harder in martial arts, and not quit when it starts to get difficult.

i rarely ever saw people, girls specifically, who looked like me in tv when i was little. and even when i did they were all nerdy, and intelligent, and unathletic, and awkward, and nothing like me or any of my asian friends. so for the longest time i always thought that if i wasn't that, then i wasn't taiwanese, i wasn't a real asian girl, and i never felt like i fit anywhere. i didn't feel like i fit with my white mom's side of the family, i didn't feel like i fit with my asian dad's side of the family. i didn't even feel like i fit with my own sister. but then i started watching agents of shield, and i saw that i didn't have to be nerdy, or awkward, or unathletic to be an asian girl. i saw more of myself in may, and i saw that i didn't have to be any of the things that disney channel said i had to be. i could be strong, and independant, and loving, and tough, and all these things that i think defind me. so thank you ming, for giving me the confidence to overcome that identity crisis.

and to chloe, i'm a quarter taiwanese, and look fairly racially ambiguous. i don't look like my sister, or my cousins, or my grandma, or my dad, which was a reason i felt so out of place for so long.

but daisy, and you, really helped me with the out of place feeling that i've had. i can't explain it but seeing someone who looks more like me than my own family does, and is a badass superhero really helped me stop feeling out of place. and it's so uplifting and inspiring to see someone who looks like me be a powerful secret agent and superhero, especially as a teenage girl. 

so i cannot thank you enough for being a role model, and just like an icon in general.

i appreciate both of you so much.- sophie reed

and to the rest of my lovely friends and followers, um, happy pride month!! ilysm have a lovely rest of your day❤