guys i figured it out.

WARNING!!  SPOILERS FOR ALL OF SEASON 7 OF AGENTS OF SHIELD, THE LAST EPISODE OF SEASON ONE OF AGENT CARTER, THE LAST EPISODE OF AGENT CARTER SEASON TWO, AND THE LAST FIVE-TEN MINUTES OF AVENGERS: ENDGAME
IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANY OF THOSE, TURN BACK!!

i assume if you're still here, then a.) you don't care about spoilers  b.) have no idea what either of those things are, or you haven't watched them and don't plan too, or c.) you've seen them already

alrighty, so we all know steve's ending in endgame. sure, it was sweet, but they crushed both steve and peggy's character arcs (in my opinion). then in season seven, sousa and daisy became a thing, i guess, idk.

right, but when steve went back for peggy, it was evident that she wasn't in the same apartment, or house that she was living in when we last saw her. (in agent carter, the last episode of the first season, howard had let peggy and angie live in one of his mansions, or something.)

obviously she either found someone, or she makes crazy decisions. like who'd wanna leave a mansion for a normal sized house? i don't know about her, but i certainly wouldn't.

right, so let's pretend she did find someone. let's pretend that whoever she married, or moved in with was sousa. right, does this make sense so far?

ok, but then, in agents of shield, sousa appears, at area 51 and simmons is disgused as peggy carter (she did a great job). sousa acts like he hasn't seen peggy in a while. (and keep in mind that this was in like 1955, or so. when agent carter ended, it was like 1947.) and before thompson died, he was saying how peggy was taking more days off. so they likely (they being peggy and sousa) spent more time together.

so my theory is, that peggy and sousa moved in together, or got married or something, and then steve went back for her. naturally sousa and peggy divorced or something, and then they didn't see each other for a while. that would be why when sousa goes to area 51, and he's told that agent carter was there, he acted like he hadn't seen her in a while because steve caused them to get divorced, or break up or some shit.

boom.
(goddammit steve)

anyways, drink some water and eat some food my loves, and i love you more than coulson loves steve!-