CHAPTER 58

|Gotham City
|January 5 2014, 11:51

"Katherine?" Jason climbed through the window. He wanted to make sure she knew it was him entering her apartment, so he'd not have to get shot at twice in one morning. "It's Jason. Don't try kill me. Please."

On New Year's Day, Batman publicly announced he was the new Robin. It didn't matter that he wasn't there at the announcement; the criminals in Gotham recognised the suit a mile away and everyone seemed to want a shot at killing him.

"Don't worry, kid, I'm not mad at you for the Calico thing." Katherine eventually replied- a lot closer than he thought she'd be

The reply that came from the kitchen floor. It put Jason off a little. He avoided the unusually large stack of dishes that was by the window by jumping over them, but his landing- if you could call it that, he totally failed, and crashed into the side of the counter.

"Ngh!" He landed on his back roughly, looking back at the her.

She was laying on the ground next to him.

"Katherine?!" Jason pushed himself to his feet and got to her side to aid her.

Except she didn't seem hurt.

"Don't worry, kid." She lifted her head to look at him, "I'm fine. You ok?"

"Yeah. I've not seen you in a while, so I...uh, came to check on you?" Jason tensed a little when she lay her head back down on his lap, "Are you...are you really ok?"

"Mhm." She responded, already drifting off again. "Just a little tired's all.."

"That was rhetorical." Jason deadpanned, sitting her up against the counter. "I can see you're tired. When was last time you slept, hm?"

Katherine groaned a little at being moved but showed no other signs of consciousness. She was acting like she was sleeping against a 5 star hotel's bed, not a counter that was one more hit from falling apart completely.

"Hey." He lightly shoved her, trying to get some reaction, "You can't sleep here. Get up."

"Mmmmh, watch me.." Katherine lay back down on the floor.

Jason narrowed his eyes at her.

**********

"Where's Grayson?" He asked, glancing down at her curled up in his arms.

He was taking her to a real bed because she clearly couldn't do it on her own now.

"Team training." She murmured.

"Katherine, that finished hours ago." Jason shook his head, "He left you, didn't he?" He scoffed, "Asshole."

"I can look after myself." She turned in his arms slightly, so she was now pressed against his chest. "I told him I didn't need his help, so got rid of him."

Jason had to bite his tongue with her.

She was still very clearly in denial.

"How're you anyway?" She yawned, "You...get any trouble from Calico?"

Calico?

Seriously?

She wanted to talk about him?

"No." He reluctantly answered, "Nothing since he dropped the bounty."

"Good." She sleepily smiled, "He gives you any shit, I'll make sure he-"

"Can we not talk about him?" Jason stopped her before she said something he had to report back to Batman.

If she was going to tell him something like that, he wanted her to be fully functional.