CHAPTER 4

|Gotham Academy, Gotham City

|October 15 2010, 08:55

If all of Katherine's stupid ideas were ranked, this would surely be in the top ten.

She was one of the most wanted- if not the most wanted in the whole of Gotham City, and she was walking straight into a school, hoping nobody would recognise her, despite her face being on every screen in the city.

This was worth the risk though.

It was Calico.

"Hello." Katherine pushed her sunglasses so they were secured on the bridge of her nose- and weren't going to fall to reveal her unique one-of-a-kind cat eyes.

The school receptionist looked up from what they were doing and politley smiled, "Welcome to Gotham Academy, how can I be of help?"

How could they be of help?

How would Katherine do this?

"I'm-" Katherine cleared her throat and stood up more confidently, "I'm here to pick up my nephew. He is a student at this school."

Posing as Dick Grayson's aunt would be believable, right?

"What is the student's name?" The receptionist asked, so far oblivious to Katherine's act.

"Richard John Grayson."

Now the receptionist was wary.

"Hold for a moment, please." The receptionist warmly smiled, getting up from their desk to go into a back room.

Katherine used her hearing to listen in.

"-she says she's Dick Grayson's aunt."

"What, Bruce Wayne's kid?"

"Yes!"

"But I thought the kid was an orphan, had no other family to-"

"I know! What do I do?!"

While the receptionist and their co-worker were panicking in the back room, Katherine used the time to look around the area she was in.

She'd been to Gotham Academy many times, but she'd always been too busy fighting heroes or villains to properly take the place in.

Looking around, she quickly realised tuition was so expensive here for a reason.

"Hah...no way.." Katherine approached the heavily crowded trophy case, focusing on a specifc photograph and award, "Not bad, Birdy." she nodded, wishing she could read what it was for.

Whatever he'd done to deserve it, he was looking more than happy to recieve the oversized trophy in the photograph.

"Uh, excuse me, Miss...?"

"Grayson." Katherine turned around to look back at reception. "Miss Grayson."

The old receptionist hadn't come out from hiding, but her co-worker braved the situation.

"Miss Grayson, of course." The receptionist smiled, "If it isn't too much trouble, could I ask you some questions? I-It's just a safety precaution- we ask everyone who isn't on the student's contact list-"

"Of course." Katherine smiled, knowing whatever they asked her about Dick she could answer.

She could say with confidence that she knew Robin better than Batman- better than anyone did.

**********

|Gotham Academy, Gotham City.

|November 1 2013, 07:58