16

I was on the balcony with Daryl, keeping watch.

"Daryl, do I look good with blonde hair?" I asked.

"You look good with anything Maddie. You're a Dixon." He said, making me chuckle slightly.

"I love being a Dixon." I said, looking back and saw a group of walkers coming. I looked through my binoculars and saw Beta but I stayed calm. Daryl shot one of the walkers and I saw Beta looking down at it. "Daryl, I see Beta." I said, when Beta looked up and saw me. Me and Daryl went inside to the others.

"They're here. Let's go." Daryl said, after opening the door. He went in front of me and put his hands on my shoulders, making me look at him. "I'll deal with Beta, I can't let him see you." He said.

"Daryl, he already saw me. He knows I'm here. He will do anything to get me and now get Lydia back. He could kill you." I said.

"Don't worry Maddie. I won't get killed, I'm not leaving you." He said.

"Alright but please be careful." I said, hugging him.

"Lydia, you're with me. Come on boy." Daryl said. Him, Lydia and dog then walked away. I was with Henry and Connie. We hid behind boxes and waited for them to come in.

We heard footsteps approaching the door and we stayed quiet. Henry took one down and I heard one coming up on my left. I got ready to fight. Once he came into my sight, I stood up and slashed their throat and they fell to the floor.

Connie was aiming in front of her and I saw two come through the doors behind her. I ran up behind them and killed one while Connie killed the other. I then heard Henry yell out. I ran and saw one of them getting ready to kill him. I ran up and pulled them away and they knocked my knife out of my hand. Henry came to try to help me the same with Connie and I motioned them that I can handle it.

They brought their knife down to stab me in the chest but I held their hands back. I brought my leg up and got them in between the legs which made their grip loosen and I flipped them over me then I broke their neck.

"Henry!" Lydia shouted.

"What are doing out of that room?" I asked.

"I wanted to help." She said. I heard something break where Daryl was and without thinking, I ran to him. I ran into another one of them and they brought me to the floor. It was a woman this time, which won't be that hard to kill her.

She punched me across the face then I hit her. She brought her knife out and stabbed me in my arm.

"Ahh!" I shouted. I kicked her off and pulled the knife out of my arm and ran up to her and stabbed her in the neck, making her limp body fall to the floor. I continued running, ignoring the pain in my arm.

I got to the room Daryl was in and he saw me. We both quickly hid in the hiding spot and waited for Beta to walk closer to the elevator shaft. We both ran and pushed him, making him fall down to the bottom. Daryl then spit down at him and we walked away. He looked at my arm.

"I'm fine Daryl." I said.

"I told you I'll deal with him." He said.

"I know but when I heard that crash I got worried something happened to you." I said. "But at least he's gone." I said. I had blood coming out of my arm, out of my mouth, and out of my nose. "Daryl, Henry got hurt." I told him.

"Alright, let's go get him and get the hell out of here." He said. We both walked to the rest of them and Daryl helped Henry then we all left. We decided to head to Alexandria since it was closer.