28

Two weeks later, I was able to walk around but with a crutch. The stab wound in my legs was healed enough so it wouldn't hurt. But my ribs aren't full healed yet but Siddiq told me that I have to move around so my muscles to get stuck. Someone had to stay with me to make sure I don't fall down and hurt myself again. It's a different person each time though. I wish they would just pick one so they don't have to keep switching. This time, it was Michonne.

"You're getting better Maddie. Soon you'll be able to walk without the crutch." She said.

"I can't wait until that day. I've never liked crutches because I always managed to hurt myself with them, mostly from falling." I said.

"There's my sister up and moving around." Daryl said, walking towards us. I smiled at him when he got in front of me. "You're getting better using that crutch." He said.

"Right now I am. Later, I might fall down." I said. That made him laugh.

"Mommy!" RJ shouted, running at me and hugged my legs. Judith and Liam soon joined.

"Are you better mom?" Judith asked.

"Better than before but not fully." I said.

"But she'll get there." Daryl said, picking RJ up.

"Uncle Daryl. Can we show mommy what we did to the house?" RJ asked Daryl.

"What? What did you all do to my house?" I asked.

"We didn't destroy it mom." Liam said.

"Just come look at it mom." Judith said.

"Alright, let's go." I said. We were going to my house slowly since I can't move that fast. When we finally made it to the house, Daryl helped me up the stairs and opened the door. What I saw put a smile on my face. The inside of the house looked different than before. "You all did this?" I asked, looking at them.

"Yes we did. You deserve it for being so brave." Michonne said.

"Thank you all so much." I said, my smile getting wider to the point where it hurt.

"You're welcome mommy!" The kids shouted together.

Daryl helped me sit down on the couch and I looked to the side and saw a picture on the side table. I reached over and grabbed it, seeing it was a picture of me and Rick. I felt a tear threatening to fall but I blinked it away then put the picture back down on the side table.

A few hours later, I had to lay back down in the infirmary. Siddiq was checking on my wounds to make sure they're healing right.

"How do I look doc?" I asked.

"You look great. You're getting better." He said, chuckling.

"When will I be able to walk without a crutch?" I asked. "Because knowing me, I'm going to fall." I said.

"That's why someone is always going to be with you when you're walking around." He said. "And hopefully a few more weeks." He said.

"Okay. Thank you Siddiq." I said, smiling.

"You're welcome Maddie. Now rest so you can get better faster." He said, walking away. I decided to take a nap and so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.