45

It's been a couple weeks since Alexandria was attacked. I was in the kitchen, making lunch when I felt the urge to throw up. I covered my mouth and ran to the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and threw up. I felt my hair being pulled out of my face and once I finished I sat on my legs. I looked to see who it was and it was Daryl.

"Are you okay Maddie?" He asked, crouching down and put his hand on my back.

"Yeah I'm okay. Just felt a little sick but I feel better now." I said, standing up. We walked back into the kitchen when Rick walked into the house.

"What's for lunch?" He asked, walking over.

"Sandwiches." I said. "Rick, I need to talk to you." I said.

"Alright." Rick said.

"Daryl, can you finish making the sandwiches for me?" I asked.

"Of course I will." He said, smiling. I smiled back before walking upstairs with Rick and went into our bedroom.

"What is it Maddie?" He asked.

"Before you came through the door, I threw up." I told him.

"You think you might be pregnant?" He asked.

"I do but maybe I'm not and I'm just getting sick." I said.

"Let's go see Siddiq to get you checked out." He said.

"Alri-" I began to say until I got the urge to throw up again. I ran to the bathroom and threw up again. "I'm done. Let's go." I said, walking out of the bathroom. We went downstairs and looked at Daryl.

"Daryl, I'm taking Maddie to Siddiq to get checked out. We'll be back soon." Rick told him.

"Alright. I'll stay here and watch these crazy kids." Daryl said.

"Thank you Daryl." I said, smiling. We were walking to the doctors holding hands. We walked inside once we arrived. "Hi Siddiq." I said, smiling.

"Hey. What are you two doing here?" He asked.

"I've started throwing up. So far twice." I told him.

"Alright. Let's get you on the bed and I'll look you over while asking you questions." He said. I nodded and sat on the bed. "Did you have any other symptoms besides vomiting?" He asked, listening to my heart.

"No. I've just been vomiting." I said. He hummed before beginning to listen to my breathing.

"Did you take part in the special activity?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"How long ago?" He asked.

"Two or three weeks ago." I replied.

"Alright. I'm going to have you take a test." He said, opening a drawer and handed me a pregnancy test. I walked to the bathroom and did what I had to do.

Once I finished, I walked back in the room and we waited for the results of the test. I was holding Rick's hand, nervous to know the results to see if I'm pregnant. A few minutes later, Siddiq looked at it and smiled.

"Congratulations! You're pregnant." He told us. I smiled and looked at Rick.

"We're going to have another baby Rick." I said, happy tears in my eyes. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. "I'm so happy." I said.

"I am too Maddie." He said, kissing the top of my head. We then pulled away and thanked Siddiq before walking out.

"We have to tell the kids and Daryl." I said. We walked to the house and Daryl was in the living room playing with kids and RJ was on his back, riding him like horse. They turned their heads when they saw us walk inside.

"Mommy and daddy's back!" RJ exclaimed, getting off Daryl and ran over to us. Daryl then walked up to us.

"So what's going on? Why did you throw up earlier Maddie?" Daryl asked.

"You better sit down. All of you." Rick said. They all sat down in the living room, waiting for us to tell them what's going on.

"Well kids and Daryl, I'm umm..." I said. I don't know why I'm nervous to tell them, I've done it before. "I'm pregnant." I told them.

"We're getting a little brother or sister!" RJ shouted, jumping off the couch and hugged me and Rick.

"Congratulations Maddie and Rick." Daryl said, smiling. He pulled into a hug and kissed the top of my head. "You let us do all the work because you'll need all the rest you can get." He said. I knew he was going to say that.

"I know I have to do what you said so okay, I'll relax but I'm still going to make the food though." I said.

"Okay, you can do that." Daryl said. We then went to tell everyone else the news.