The Search Begins

The now-blind Cordelia wasted no time in beginning her search for Misty Day, barely allowing herself to recover before getting to work. Angel was now her self-appointed guide, gladly following every beck and call the woman had. The headmistress knew Angel was lost without the guidance of her older sister and until she returned, she decided to take the young girl under her wing.

The two had spent the morning in Angel's shared bedroom, Cordelia carefully searching through all of Misty's belongings in hopes of gaining an insight as to what happened to the older Day sister. Angel sat on the bed, a frown on her lips as she watched Cordelia become increasingly frustrated with her lack of results.

"I don't understand." The blonde exclaimed, tossing Misty's pink shawl on the floor. "Why am I not seeing anything?"

Angel chewed on her lower lip, tears threatening to gather in her eyes. If Cordelia couldn't find anything then that meant Misty truly was gone, Angel would be left wondering what happened to her sister for the rest of her days.

Despite the lack of progress, Cordelia wasn't one to give up so quickly. She rose from her spot on the floor, placing her cane in her right hand. "If her items won't help, I'll just need to see if I gain any visions through one of the girls. Come now." Cordelia said, stretching out her free hand to the girl.

Angel dutifully rose from the bed and took Cordelia's hand, the two exiting the room and walking down the hall to the entrance of Madison's room. It used to be the shared bedroom between her and Zoe, but now the brunette witch was also gone- along with Kyle. Angel was also concerned by their disappearance but after reassurances from Myrtle that the witch and her boyfriend were well and safe, the matter was quickly dropped.

Cordelia knocked on the door before entering, Angel closing the door behind them.

"Madison? I need your help." she spoke.

The actress didn't stop in her actions, seemingly packing a collapsible bin full of various items, some of which looked like they belonged to Zoe.

"Jesus, Cordelia. You look like shit." Angel glared at the girl's words, even if they were a little true. "I can't believe you did that to yourself." She said, "And why do you need my help? You have your own bitch to do your bidding." She smirked at the swamp teen.

Angel clenched her fist. She wasn't normally known for violence, but Madison made it really hard to resist the urge to wring out her neck.

Cordelia ignored the comment, "I've been in Misty and Angel's room trying to see something." She approached the snarky girl, Angel remaining by the doorway. "I've held Misty's boots, hair from her brush. Nothing."

Madison turned to the blind woman, "I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but maybe she's gone."

"Or maybe my gift of the sight hasn't come back yet." She considered this notion to be true, nothing came to her when she touched Angel, but she knew the younger Day sister knew nothing of her Misty's whereabouts so she wasn't actively seeking any visions when in contact with her.

Cordelia reached a hand out, in an attempt to touch Madison. The smaller witch had an uneasy look on her face and she leaned away when suddenly she disappeared and reappeared near the adjoining bathroom door. This raised suspicions in Angel. If she knew nothing of where Misty had gone, why was she so afraid of Cordelia touching her?

"Whoa! That was so cool!" Madison said, smirking. "I did Transmutation. I didn't even have to think about it. It just happened." She shrugged her shoulders and sent a smug smile to Angel.

Cordelia turned towards her voice, "I wouldn't read too much into it, Madison. You can manifest multiple powers without being the Supreme." She said, her expression unimpressed. "Our powers always spike in times of crisis. This is one of those times." Her cane gently tapped along the floorboards as she approached the girl again.