What Are We Exactly?

Angel was once again found out back in the greenhouse. They had returned home the day prior and all the students in the school noticed her newly-elated demeanor. She was energetically moving around the room, Don't Stop Me Now by Queen was playing on the radio.

Mallory watched from the doorway amused as the blonde continued to work on her plants in front of her, softly singing and bobbing her head along to the music. She had seen Angel in a good mood before, but nothing quite like this. The blonde grabbed a long pair of shears and stepped away from the workbench, she began playing air guitar along with the solo of the song, spinning around the room.

As it concluded, she opened her eyes and shouted in surprise and embarrassment as she saw Mallory standing in the entrance. Her cheeks turned neon red as her shoulders dropped and she put the shears back down on the table. She turned her back to the girl and willed herself to turn invisible, unfortunately, she didn't have that power.

Mallory stepped in and approached, "Oh, please, don't let me stop you now." She lightly teased, "I was actually enjoying the show."

Angel rushed over to the radio and clicked it off. She turned to the brunette and her playful attitude was gone, "You will never speak of what ya saw." She said angrily.

"Of what, you having fun?" Mallory asked, genuinely confused by the girl's reaction.

"It was embarrassin'!" She shouted.

Mallory sighed and approached Angel who remained standing by the silent radio. "I didn't know you liked Queen." She said.

"Who doesn't?" Angel whispered, shrugging her shoulders.

Mallory walked up to the plugged in iPod and scrolled through the girl's lengthy playlist. Finally, she found the song she was looking for and turned the radio back on. I Want To Break Free began flowing from the speakers. The brunette turned her head over her shoulder, dramatically, to the other witch and started lip-syncing along with Freddie Mercury's voice.

She moved along the room and grabbed a trowel from the table, using the handle of the tool as a pretend microphone. Angel shook her head and giggled at Mallory's antics before walking up to the girl. She gently grabbed her occupied hand and brought it close to her mouth as she began singing along with her.

"I've fallen in love

I've fallen in love for the first time

And this time I know it's for real

I've fallen in love, yeah

God knows, God knows I've fallen in love"

They maintained eye contact with each other as they sang the lyrics, smiles growing on both of their features. Mallory suddenly stole Angel's shades from her face and placed them on herself. She always saw the blonde with these sunglasses and she never knew why she constantly hid her glorious blue eyes. She strutted away from the girl and continued on. Angel leaned back against the table, taking her turn to watch the girl put on a show. As the song finished, Mallory walked back over to the radio and turned the volume down so they could hold a conversation. She looked over at Angel's iPod.

"I'm surprised this is what you use to play music with." She said, pointing at the device.

Angel shrugged, "For the longest time, my sister and I used cassettes to listen to music. I'm not all that big into tech. That was a Christmas gift from Cordelia two years ago."

Mallory hummed and nodded, "That was awfully kind of her." She said, walking over to the blonde who had finally resumed her work at the workbench. She peeked over her shoulder and watched her.