🔱XI🌊

• Rhona •

Bespin was even more lovely up close then it was from a distance

Bespin was even more lovely up close then it was from a distance. The whole city was aesthetically covered in monochromatic whites. If it were in the direct light of a sun it would have been blinding. Omega thought the city to be charming in every aspect. "Omega," Hunter said to the girl as they walked, "Stay with the group." He warned. Omega nodded but her eyes were full of childlike wonder as she took in every aspect of the cloud city. Wrecker, Tech, and Echo were told to stay with the ship and work on repairs and refueling while Hunter, Koda, and Omega (Through her own insisting) went out to scout the area and see what they could find in way of an air elemental. The people of Bespin were lively. It was almost like here there was no war. Hunter watched groups of people, families, traveling from market to market, social gathering to other social gathering with the slightest bit of envy. His eyes settled on a particular family, a mother talking with another woman while she held a sleeping child in her arms and the father who held his arm around the mother while she talked, nodding or occasionally chuckling at things the mother said. His eyes drifted from the display to Koda who walked beside him, holding Omega's hand so she wouldn't go far. Hunter held Omega's other hand, keeping her happily between the two of them. His eyes began to rest on Koda as they walked, who quickly began to take note of his staring. "What are you staring at, Sergeant?" Koda asked without even turning to look at him. "I- sorry. I was lost in thought." He replied and Koda finally looked over at him. There was an expression on her face of curiosity. "About what?" She asked but before Hunter could reply the voice of another woman cut him off. "I don't believe it." The trio turned to see a woman who wore a cloak concealing her face but upon catching the eyes of the three she lowered her hood. "It's you." She added and they were met with the face of a woman none of them recognized. Her eyes were framed with lines of worry and fear but now a spark of bewilderment twinkled in her brown eyes. Bleached blonde hair was pulled back into braids but a few loose whisps flowed effortlessly around her pale face, framing her to be the perfect picture of a gaelic warrior. Her voice held an accent Hunter and Omega weren't familiar with. Hints of a scottish accent pierced through her tone. "Do I know you?" Koda asked, her grip on the trident tightened. "My name is Rhona Galia of the western tribe of Statera." She said before dropping to one knee before Koda who's body tensed. Hunter could feel the panic and tension rising in her. "It's an honor to be in your presence," Rhona said, kneeling before her, "High Countess Dakoda Fysalides of the northern Kingdom."

"Have you lost your mind?" Koda hissed as she followed Rhona into her home on Bespin. "What if someone saw you acting like that? Most people on Bespin don't just bow to strangers- someone could have found out who you are- who we are." Koda was obviously not happy. "It is customary." Rhona replied. "Besides, you bare the king's trident, High Countess, I am to believe you are the rightful ruler now." "Do not call me that." Koda hissed. Rhona removed her cloak before beckoning the three to join her further inside her home. "What does she mean by high countess?" Hunter asked, looking at Koda as they walked. "Ignore that." Koda snapped. "You mean you don't know?" Rhona asked, looking to Hunter for a moment, once they got into a sort of living space with traditional lavis Bespin fronature. "High Countess Dakoda may have been the captain of the royal guard but that doesn't take away her birth right." "Birth right?" "She was cousin to the king. Almost as close as siblings if I remember correctly." "Your memory servers you perfectly." Koda spat, the subject of her relationship to the king seemed to be a touchy one. "With you bearing the king's trident, I must assume you were the only water elemental to make it out?" Rhona asked and Koda nodded. "Then you must lead us, that is until the prince is of age." Koda perked up. "Prince?" She asked and Rhona's eyes widened. "You don't know?" "Know? Know about what?" Koda asked and Rhona stood. "You better come with me, your majesty." Koda looked at Hunter who nodded his head in Rhona's direction, signaling for her to go. Koda sighed, tearing her eyes away from him and walking off to follow Rhona.

Rhona took Koda to a secret room in the back of her house. In there was another woman holding a small boy in her lap as she rocked him softly to sleep singing an old song to the boy. "Your majesty." The woman holding the child instantly stood. "Dakoda may I introduce, Prince Neptune Fysalides of the northern tribe, son of King Posideon and Queen Aquilla." "Is he-" "An elemental?" Rhoda asked before shaking her head. "So far, no. But I am and so is Oma." She said as she gestured to the woman holding the sleeping prince. "So there are really more of us out there? I am not the last one?" She asked and Rhona shook her head with a kind smile. "No your majesty, there are plenty of us left. Those of us who escaped in time dispersed amongst the stars when the Empire attacked. Now we try to help over throw the Empire in any way we can." Koda raised a brow. "You've joined the rebellion?" She asked and both women nodded. "We help in small missions, the rebellion knows our true priorities lie with our people and our prince." Oma replied as she looked down at the boy sleeping in her hands. "We could use your help, your highness." Rhona said as she looked from Oma to Koda. "We have a future leader but he cannot lead us now. We need you. If the elementals see the high Countess leading us with the rebellion they will surely rise up and help us defeat the Empire once and for all." "Defeat the Empire..." Koda muttered those words which left a great deal of impact on her mind. Finally getting back at the people who took everything from her. "Isn't that what you would want?" Oma asked. "They took your family from you too." She added and Koda remembered the stinging pain of loss when the king was killed and there was nothing she could do to save him. Here she could finally take a stand with her people. A fire licked at her spirit, a fire she hadn't felt since she served the king. But then her thoughts drifted to Hunter and Omega. What about them? What about the rest of the Bad Batch? A Decision had to be made, and it was one that was going to be rather taxing on her.