🔱XII🌊

• Goodbye Isn't So Good •

Omega played happily with a small creature that Rhona seemed to keep in her home as a pet

Omega played happily with a small creature that Rhona seemed to keep in her home as a pet. Hunter wasn't too keen on the idea at first, thinking the beast might hurt Omega, but when it began softly licking at her fingers and begging for her to play with it by prancing around her, he relaxed and allowed it. She giggled softly as it licked at her cheek again. "I see you two found Angus." Rhona said with a smile as she entered the living space with Koda behind her. "Angus." Omega repeated. "So that's your name!" She cheered as she ruffled the hair around his head happily. "You have a baby griffin? I thought the Empire wiped out all the animal guides for the elementals." She said in disbelief as she looked at the winged lion and back at Rhona. "They did but they didn't get Angus. I smuggled him out with me when I ran." she replied with a grin. But her grin didn't last for long. "Have you decided?" She asked the water elemental who nodded slowly, her expression became shallow as she did so. "Decided what?" Hunter asked as he rose and walked over to her. Koda's blue eyes looked up at him and Hunter could instantly tell something was wrong. "Can I talk to you? In private?" She asked and Hunter nodded, stepping out of the home with Koda following leaving Omega to happily play with Angus while they talked.

"What's bothering you?" Hunter instantly asked once the two were alone. Koda bit her lip, not wanting to tell him what she was doing but she knew she had to let the words spill out eventually. "Hunter," She began, her eyes avoiding his. "I am not going back with you and Omega." The words hit the sergeant like a brick. It took a minute for him to process what she had said. "What?" He asked in disbelief. "I'm staying here with Rhona. She is trying to rally the remaining elementals to help the rebellion in fighting the Empire. My people, Hunter." Hunter was almost too stunned for words. "So you're just gonna leave us?" He asked with no filter. Koda looked down. "Hunter it's not like I want to. But this is where I am needed. I need to stand with my people and get justice for what happened to those I lost." Hunter paused. He couldn't even fathom how to voice the emotions running rampant through his mind. "If that's where you're needed..." He began "Then that's where you should be." He replied and Koda felt a little sick to her stomach. That was it? No asking for her to stay? No emotion? No nothing. "Yeah..." She replied softly. "Take care of Omega for me, please." She replied and Hunter nodded. "And Hunter," Koda said, her voice becoming softer. She reached a hand up to rest on his shoulder while she pushed herself up on her tip toes and gently brushed her lips against his cheek. "Take care of yourself too." She said. Hunter couldn't even try to hide the blush on his face that blossomed from his cheeks to his ears. "Yeah.. I'll try." Hunter mumbled before adding something about needing to get the kid and take her back to the ship. Koda wondered if she was making a mistake, if this wasn't what she was supposed to be doing in her life but she supposed only time would tell the answer to that. With a deep breath she returned inside to Rhona and began the next chapter of her life.

"Hunter you're leaving without Koda," Omega said as she chased after the fatherly clone. "Shouldn't we wait for her?" She asked but Hunter's expression was firm and unwavering. "She's not coming, kid." Hunter replied as he led her back to the ship. Omega's brows raised. "What?" She asked, "Why not?" Hunter didn't want his emotions to shine through, he didn't want her to know how upset he was by Koda's actions. Why was he so upset? Why did he care so much? Koda wasn't a clone, she wasn't blood and yet Hunter felt drawn to her like a magnet. Why did her absence resonate with him. "Because she's found her family, her people." "But I thought we were her family?" Omega replied. She was right, Hunter thought that too. He thought they were like family to her. But perhaps they were wrong. Koda had found where she belonged, with her people. The ones who were like her. And it was there that she chose to stay. Hunter wasn't going to be the one to tell her to leave her own kind behind her. He merely looked down at Omega as they walked before turning his gaze back on the ship. "Me too kid, me too."

"Target in sight." Crosshair muttered from a distance as his gaze zeroed in on the young blonde clone. "But commander we're supposed to go after the elemental, not the little girl." One of the troopers that the Empire had decided to send on the mission with Crosshair spoke up. Crosshair didn't like explaining himself to others but if he didn't he would probably have a mutiny on his hands and that was the last thing he wanted. "The elemental is with clone force 99." Crosshair replied as he turned to the trooper. "To attempt to take her out with blunt force would result in our immediate defeat. We have to be smart about this." He replied before turning his eyes back to Omega. "Smart how? You aren't going to kill a child, are you?" The trooper asked and Crosshair rolled his eyes as he turned back to the trooper. "No, but that shouldn't bother you. We are going to take the child, use her as a bargaining chip for the elemental. Give them an offer they cannot refuse."