🔱XV🌊

• Reunited •

"Koda" the voice had grown much louder by now

"Koda" the voice had grown much louder by now. It seemed familiar but Koda couldn't quite put a name on it just yet. She took one more step and the lights of the sky came down and began to swirl around her. "Koda." they spoke again, Koda closed her eyes as the lights became almost too bright. "Child of water open your eyes." The voice demanded and Koda obliged and when she did she gasped as both hands came up to cover her mouth. "Poseidon." She muttered in awe at the glowing form of her cousin, the former king. "Hello Koda." Poseidon smiled. "Do you know why you're here?" He asked and Koda slowly shook her head. "You've lost your way little Koda Bean." All of the seriousness in Koda's composure fell and she instantly laughed at his words. "I told you to stop calling me that when we were little." "And did I ever stop?" The king mused and Koda shook her head with a smile. "No you didn't." Koda replied before the gravity of her reality set in once more and she looked up at the spirit of her cousin. "What did you mean by 'lost your way'." She asked and Posiedon sighed. "Koda you aren't being true to yourself." "What?" Koda hissed. "I- I'm being more true to myself then I ever have." She argued back. "I left my friends to help save my people! I led in your absence I-" "Koda you left your family to seak after something that doesn't belong to you." Koda bit her lip. Hearing someone else say it put everything in perspective. "What have I done?" She muttered as put her head in her hands. "Nothing that cannot be undone." Poseidon replied and as if on que the sound of a ship flying overhead caused Koda to look up. She recognized that ship, the Havoc Marauder. Her family was here on this planet. "They're here and they need you." Poseidon said as he looked at Koda. "But first your final test." Poseidon said as he gestured to the snow before Koda and in a swift winter gale a cloud of snow swirled around them before dispersing and revealing a horse made entirely of snow and ice. It's piercing blue eyes looked down at Koda and made her feel beyond judged. "Is that-" "A Nokk." Poseidon replied. "The animal guide of the water elementals gifted with the ability to tell if you are lying." "And if you are lying doesn't it drown you-" "Possibly." Koda gulped. She didn't like those odds. "Are you ready to be true to yourself?" Poseidon asked and the Nokk moved forward to Koda who stepped back anxiously. The horse of snow and ice leaned down as if it were staring at Koda, straight into her soul, and Koda gulped as her body shivered, not from the cold but from fear of the judgement of the Nokk. It wasn't exactly on her agenda today to be drowned by a mystical horse. The Nokk huffed, ice cold air washed over Koda's face and she gently reached up to press her fingers to it's forehead. She stroke the snow horse softly between it's eyes. The horse whinnied and Posiedon chuckled. "The Nokk believes you and so do I." The king replied. "Go to them." He added and before Koda could answer the Nokk bent down and scooped her up to place her on it's back. "Go to him." He added. "The spirits of nature will be with you now go." And before Koda could get out a response the Nokk galloped off with her clinging to it's back, heading in the direction of the Havoc.

"Crosshair," Omega's tiny voice spoke up, contrasting the harsh crash of the waves on the rocky shore. "You don't have to do this. You can come with us!" She tried to reason with him but Crosshair was already too far gone. He looked down at Omega with a scowl. "I hate children." He hissed before his eyes fell on the ship of his long lost brothers that had landed not far from them. "Hunter!" Omega shouted as she saw her father figure exit the ship. "So glad you could make it." Crosshair mused to his former brother. "Let her go, Cross." Hunter demanded as he removed his helmet to stare eye to eye with his brother. Crosshair chuckled, it was low and dark and it frightened Omega. "Not an option." He mused. "Now where's the elemental?" Hunter opened his mouth to reply but before he could even get the words out a sharp and crisp cold wind came off of the sea. Snowflakes were littered in the gale as it rolled through. There was a faint scent to the breeze that Hunter knew all too well. Koda. Everyone present turned to see the elemental herself sitting proudly upon a horse made of snow which trotted over waves. "It's Kihone!" Omega shouted, recalling the story Koda had told her. "That's no Kihone." Hunter replied, "That's Koda."

The Nokk stopped short of the shoreline, standing stoically on the water that churned with waves. Crosshair locked eyes with the elemental, her fur coats and animal skin clothing shimmered with frost fresh from the north. "Leave." Koda said flatly as her icy eyes bore into Crosshair's. "Your kind is not welcome here." She added and Crosshair cracked a wicked grin. "My kind? Clones?" He hissed. "No. The Empire." She seethed. She remembered Hunter telling her about Crosshair's exodus to the Empire. As much as she wanted to care for all the members of the Bad Batch this one had marred himself as a loyalist to the Empire which were enemies of the elementals. Koda stepped off of the horse, the water below her froze solid as soon as her feet made contact allowing her a firm place to step. As she walked to the shore the water continued to freeze beneath her feet, creating a path for her to walk to the land. "Leave." Koda demanded once more. "I will not ask you again."

"