Repetitive Actions

Marcy feels like she was forgetting something important. Though, did it even matter when all seemed to be going well for her?

She had Anne by her side as they sat in Felicia's teashop, chatting away.

"Oh! Dude, dude! Did I tell you about the Moss Man?" Anne asked with a beaming smile, eyes lighting up in excitement. "That's when I accepted that Wally didn't deserve to be a social outcast, but also when I embraced being the town's outcast as well." She added with a chuckle. "Gosh, I love this place…" She murmured with a fond smile.

Marcy's heart lurched and she gave a nervous smile. "I do quite enjoy Wartwood a lot, but what about home…?" Marcy asked. She knew Anne's answer, she–

"I actually quite like it here, Marbles. Why would I leave the Planters?" Anne pointed out.

That wasn't right. Even with Anne's connections, she just wanted to go back home.

"But… Your parents…" Marcy murmured out, eyeing Anne's reaction.

Anne seemed downcast. "They're… They're fine without me, right?" Anne said, though seemed uncertain.

Marcy hummed. "Well if you like it here, why not stay? Forever an adventure, just you and me…! And we can find Sash as well." Marcy suggested.

Anne immediately nodded, a blank smile returning to her face. "Whatever makes you happy, Marbles." She automatically responded.

Marcy's hair prickled, standing on its ends. "Don't put my feelings over you, Anne…" Marcy said.

Anne's brows furrowed in thought. "I care about you, Marcy. I am trying to help." She said.

"Anne, what happened? Why are you hounding me like this? You were never this bad, not after I proved myself with the barbariants…!" Marcy asked, slightly exhausted already.

Anne frowned. "You could've died, Marcy… I… I don't wanna lose you…" She admitted.

"Died? Anne, what happened?" Marcy asked, eyes widening slightly.

Burning, burning, all she could feel was burning. The pain in her chest flared up, Marcy struggled to breathe. She moved a hand up to her chest, finally noticing her armor was missing. "A-Anne… What happened…?" Marcy winced at her wheezing tone.

Anne's grip tightened against the edge of the table. "Marcy…" She croaked out. "Marcy I…" She trailed off.

Marcy scowled, scrunching her nose. "That doesn't answer me…! Please Anne…! I wanna know…! Stop leaving me out of these things…!" The raven-haired teen pleaded.

"I'm sorry, Marbles, I can't say." Anne's voice seemed to echo, it sounded lowkey like a taunt, and Marcy was taken aback.

Andrias flashed in her mind, his grin wide in accomplishment and pride.

"Anne…?" Marcy asked quietly, trying to ignore why she immediately thought of Andrias. Marcy shook her head. "Anne, what happened with King Andrias?" She asked, holding her tone firm as she stared Anne down.

Anne just smiled eerily in reply.

"A-Anne…?" Marcy wanted an actual response, not a damn smile for once. Why is she only smiling? Why does…

Why does it feel artificial…?