Faulty Trust

Marcy laughed lightly as she saw the kingdom flourish. "You're a great lord, y'know." She said.

"All thanks to your help, little one. You know what the people want." It responded.

Pain shot through her, her vision wavered slightly and she caught a glimpse of an empty and destroyed throne room before everything went back.

"What was that…?" She asked quietly.

It grunted. "Pay no mind to that, child. Quiet please." It replied, gritting their teeth as it tried to concentrate.

"What are you doing?" She asked, then yelped when a flaring pain shot through her again.

"I said quiet!" It yelled back.

Marcy stayed silent the best she could, whimpering at the occasional stinging pains. Her eyes welled up with tears, but she ignored them.

Their hand shot up to their scar, both grunting in pain. They winced harshly.

Marcy murmured to herself to try and ignore the pain, which was echoed over by its voice, who seemed to be talking in Ancient Amphibian.

Their eyes glazed over, tears pouring out and running down their face.

"You lied… You lied to me…" Marcy murmured out, then hissed in pain.

Their hand pressed harshly against their scar.

Marcy sobbed out in pain.

"I just showed you what you could've had if you followed my orders…" It seethed back. "But you refuse to listen to me, so I shall take matters into my own hands…" It hissed out.

Marcy knew pain, she's so clumsy - or so she's told - she has endured many injuries before, but this? This was horrible.

Burning, oh how she's come to know the feeling of burning. She shouldn't be able to place it that easily.

Sight was gone, most of her senses were gone apparently. But she could still feel the burning pain.

Why…? Why me…? What did I ever do…?

You hold one of my gifts, and you haven't used it wisely. You want a world where you'll never be alone? Too bad. Life and loss is just part of your mortal existence. Too bad you'll never see the light of day anymore… Your friendships end here. You'll die in this hellhole of a dimension with me.

I just… I trusted you…

Trust is such a feeble thing, child. I don't need your trust. You are merely my vessel. I've gotten you comfortable enough, I am in control now. You really thought that your King wouldn't worship a being of deception? He is very much deceptive himself.

Why…?

For my power back. For my control. You must understand, don't you? You felt so out of control when you were told you were moving away… You took matters into your own hands, you took control. I am doing that here and now.

No… No, I didn't do that… I didn't–

Hello…?

"Marcy…?"