Getting Intel

It admittedly took Marcy a few days to round everyone up, but she was doing the best she could at this point.

"Yunan, I need you to bring your group to Wartwood. The last time I talked to Sasha, she said she was there." Marcy told the older newt.

"Of course, Marcy. Can you relay a message to Olivia about my departure?" Yunan asked.

Marcy nodded. "I will. Yunan, promise me you won't fight Sasha and Grime on sight. If she strikes first, talk to her. She's stronger with her words and can tell the truth from lies easily." She then said, looking at the general.

Yunan saluted. "I'll try to keep that in mind. Though, if she refuses to yield–"

"Then you still try to talk to her, got it?" Marcy cut off the newt general.

Yunan sighed. "Alright…" She grumbled.

Marcy nodded. "Good. Gather pavilion rose, then you may go."

Yunan nodded curtly and walked off.

Marcy hummed to herself as she walked down the hall, turning and facing a large door. She pushed it open, seeing the mostly untouched library. "Olivia?" Marcy called out.

"Over here, Marcy." Olivia called back, her head poking out from behind a bookshelf.

Marcy quickly walked over. "Yunan departs soon. She wanted me to tell you. Soon we'll put an end to Andrias' plans."

Olivia nodded. "Thank you for telling me. Now…" She trailed off, opening a trapdoor. "This is set up for you. I will try my best to get the box to you, but for now, for what you're planning, I'm guessing you'll be staying here for a while." Olivia told the teen.

Marcy hummed, climbing down through the trapdoor. "This is good. Thanks Olivia. If you can't find the box before Sasha makes it here, then get her to help you. Don't bring her here until the box is in my hands." She directed. "Now, lock me in so I can talk to this 'Night' being." Marcy told the newt.

Olivia curtly nodded. "Very well."

The trapdoor closed.

It was so dark here.

Oh it was so so dark…

A creeping feeling crawled up Marcy's spine, but she couldn't place what was making her feel that way.

"What do you want from me and my body?" Marcy suddenly asked.

A sound of grinding gears clicked and echoed. It wasn't real… It wasn't real, it wasn't–

"I needed a vessel." It finally responded.

"But why me?"

"Because you're the one your fallen King brought to me who was still intact."

"It would've been quicker if you took him as your vessel y'know."

"Well I can't exactly turn back time to change that, so…!"

"Why are you so mad?"

"Fine, don't answer that. What is your goal?"

"To have control over all six worlds. I promised to bring a new era of peace, and I don't back down on my promises."

"Just like how you promised you wouldn't hurt me?"

"You aren't exactly truthful, nor trustworthy. What is your plan?"

"Ugh… Fine. Don't talk. But we're staying here until all of this is worked out. I have more power than you, and I'm not afraid to let you feel my pain."

Marcy sighed, laying flat on her back on the cold tile floor. She huffed, rubbing her eyes. "I need something… Something to grasp onto…" She murmured out. "Something to help me understand… Why you're doing the things you do."

"I was dethroned and forgotten."

"Lies."

"I've read enough to know that everything you said about your past matches up to Gladdius the Conqueror, a toad ruler before Andrias' kingship. He was your previous vessel, wasn't he?"

"… Yes…"

Marcy hummed. "So why me? I have no important titles outside Chief Ranger of the Newtopian Night Guard."

"It's not about the title, it's about having a vessel to get my control back."

"So it's all just control you're after."

"I'll take that as a yes."

Marcy jolted up, chest burning. She groaned out in pain, gently rubbing the deep scar the best she could. She grit her teeth and a flash of green overtook her vision for a second.

It was silent.

Marcy was content with that.

Though she had a feeling the silence wouldn't last long, especially since she needed answers.