chapter 10

"you know what? i don't think we should do it." talia sighed, staring at the leaf in draco's hand.

"if you would just open your damn mouth and put it in we could get this done a whole lot faster." draco told her.

they were both at the astronomy tower again, their ingredients for the animagus potion gathered. now, talia was having second thoughts.

"okay. but what if it tastes bad?" she cringed.

"it won't even touch your taste buds if you do it right." he said. tal noticed how he was starting to get a little irritated, and she didn't feel like dealing with his attitude.

"fine." she gave in.

talia took the leaf and put it in her mouth, surprised it didn't have a specific taste. when she tried to shove it under her tongue like draco had told her, the stem scratched her and she made a face.

"how hard is it to put a leaf in your mouth? it's the tiniest bunch i could find." draco muttered, watching her take it out. she walked over to the edge of the tower and threw the leaf over, not wanting to touch a now wet leaf anymore.

"you said you brought extra, right?" tal asked. draco nodded and grabbed an extra leaf from the bag he brought with him.

unexpectedly for talia, draco grabbed her chin with his hand.

"open your mouth." he said. talia shoved his hand off of her, giving him a look.

"what?" she asked.

"clearly you can't put the leaf in correctly on your own." he said. he grabbed her chin again and looked at her. his rings were cold on her face, but she didn't mind.

"so open your damn mouth." draco commanded.

he saw her cheeks get red and suppressed his smirk. she opened her mouth like he said.

"lift up your tongue." he whispered. she did, and he carefully and gently placed the leaf under her tongue so that she could barely be able to feel it. once it was secure, he removed his hand from her face and looked at her again.

"better?" he asked. she shrugged, looking like she just drank lemon juice.

"i don't think i can keep this in my mouth for a month with classes and having to talk all the time and-"

"you can. you can do this." he assured her.

she let out a sigh and walked over to the edge of the tower. she pulled out her wand and flicked it, making the leaf feel almost invisible with a spell she had been practicing on her own. draco didn't seem to notice, but he put his bag down and followed her.

"everything okay?" he asked. she gave him a look.

"what do you care?" she asked. he raised his eyebrows.

"you're right. i don't." draco said. he stopped leaning on the end of the tower with her and started to turn away.

"your not the one who could hurt themself from this, okay?" talia asked, turning around.

"and you're not the only one who's stressed out right now. you have no idea what's going on in other people's lives." he argued, his back still turned to her. he kept walking towards the exit.

"you're right." talia called out. he stopped walking and looked over his shoulder. he was told he was right often, but didn't think talia would give in so easily.

maybe she just really didn't want to argue with him.

"should i just wait a month now?" tal asked.

"you have the instructions. you know what to do." he said. he never fully turned around, which told
talia he was being stand-offish.