chapter 4

talia woke up, extremely tired and wanting to go back to bed. she looked over toward the bathroom and saw the shower water running. zoning out a little because of not being fully awake, she started slowly letting her head drift back down to the pillow to fall asleep. she didn't hear the shower water come to a stop. talia popped right back up again when she heard a voice walking out of the bathroom.

"finally you're awake! you better hop in the shower quickly so you don't miss breakfast. daphne and astoria are already down there waiting for us." pansy said, combing out her wet mop of hair and pulling out her wand so she could dry it without using a hair dryer.

"this school serves breakfast?" talia asked, groggily. she regretted asking right away. it was a boarding school, of course they served breakfast.

"don't be silly. now come on! get up!" pansy said. she picked up talia's hands and pulled her arms out of the bed, leading her to the bathroom.

talia found a hand towel and wiped down the steamy mirror to look at herself. she didn't look awful, but she did need a shower.

after taking a second to figure out the fancy british shower handle, talia took a nice hot shower and got ready for her first official day at hogwarts. she couldn't be more excited.

she started to remember the events that occurred the night before. the party, draco luring her out into the hall, saying those harsh things. why would he do that, saying "did he send you to keep an eye on me, blah blah blah"? how could he be such an idiot and a dick?

when talia was done getting ready, her and pansy made their way down to the great hall where everyone was already seated. she tried to grab the seat next to tracey, but pansy rushed to sit with her, leaving the only available seat next to draco. of course.

"talia, listen-" draco began, but she quickly cut him off without looking at him.

"no, you listen. i don't know what the fuck you were talking about last night but whatever personal issues you're dealing with, just know i have nothing to do with them." she told him harshly.

she started to think maybe she was being a little mean, but that feeling went away immediately when he let out a huff and turned away from her.

"whatever." he mumbled.

talia turned away, too. she didn't feel like eating. not only because draco was being an asshole, but she was nervous for her first day of classes.

when she looked up and noticed students gathering to leave the great hall, she decided to do the same, not saying a word to any of her fellow slytherins.

"talia!" she heard from behind her. she looked over her shoulder and saw harry, ron and hermione jogging to catch up to her. she smiled.

"hey." tal said, throwing her hair over her shoulder. hermione grabbed her hand and pulled her close, slightly away from the two boys.

"please tell me you have defense against the dark arts for your first class. it's a mix of gryffindors and slytherins and, like, two hufflepuffs. i don't know anyone else in that class besides ron, and last time i was his partner he stung himself with his own wand." hermione said, looking desperate.

"that was one time!" ron exclaimed, throwing his hands up in defense.

talia laughed and looked through her papers until she found her schedule. she only looked at it once and had forgotten what her first class would be.

"i do. it says it right here, defense against the dark arts with professor..snape?" she said, asking the last part. she's never heard a name like snape before until dumbledore's speech, and she wasn't sure if she was saying it right. then again, she's been learning lots of new things since coming to hogwarts.