chapter 35

talia didn't leave her dorm for a week.

she didn't go to any classes. pansy, daphne and astoria greengrass, millicent, and even tracey davis all tried bringing talia food and making her feel better. but it was no use. she was heartbroken and depressed.

the worst of it all was the only person she wanted to run to for help was draco. she didn't hate him, she loved him still. and she was worried for him and his task, even though she knew she shouldn't be.

she kept every letter he wrote her, even though she was hurting. she found herself going back and reading them. even though they mostly said "meet me in the astronomy tower", she imagined her and draco were still okay, still falling in love with each other and meeting up for tutoring lessons. saying snarky remarks to each other, hating the other and learning to grow closer.

she couldn't believe it was all fake. what she felt for draco was the realest, rawest thing she's ever felt for anyone in her life. there was no way it was fake, that he was putting up a facade. he wasn't that cruel. he was the best person she had ever met and fallen in love with. the only person she had given her body to. she trusted him with her life, and no matter how upset or broken she was now because of him, that wouldn't change.

talia wrote her parents letters, begging them to let her come home early. instead of agreeing, they told her to stick it out for the next few days. and, when the time was ready for her to come home with the rest of the hogwarts students, they would be waiting for her at platform 9 3/4 with open arms.

the truth was, talia wanted to leave and never come back. she didn't want to ever see these castle walls again, or have to hear snape's drug out voice, or look at another paper, or see the blonde haired asshole who ruined her.

even if she did still love him.

it was june 30th when talia finally got up out of bed. she didn't know why she was being pulled out of her dorm that day, but she was. she had to get out and let herself think about things.

she decided to go up to the astronomy tower. it was ironic, but she thought that was the best place to clear her head and reminisce on the school year, especially if she decided to not come back to hogwarts for her final year.

the sky was cloudy that day. it looked like a storm was brewing up above, like something bad was coming.

talia looked at the planets in the tower, remembering when she turned them all different colors. it was one of the first things draco had taught her. she looked out at the lake and thought about how different it looked today than at christmas, when draco almost told her he loved her.

just as talia began to tear up, professor dumbledore and harry potter aparated next to her.

shocked and surprised, talia jumped. she noticed dumbledore was seriously hurt, and holding onto harry to support.

"oh, my god. sir!" talia exclaimed, hurrying over to help. she went onto the other side of dumbledore, who began to lean onto her.

"we need to get him to the hospital wing." harry said.

even though talia wasn't fond of potter at the moment, she knew now was the time to put those feelings aside.

"what the hell happened?" tal asked. she mentally slapped herself for saying "hell" in front of the headmaster. he didn't seem to mind, though, being in the state he was in.

"i'm sorry, talia, but there's no time for that. severus...severus is who i need. wake him. tell him what happened. speak to no one else. on the way, harry, tell talia everything. it's alright." dumbledore said, almost struggling to talk and glancing back and forth between harry and tal. talia shook her head, her and harry exchanging looks.