chapter 3

"i can't believe you're actually making me go to this. we have classes tomorrow." talia said as pansy finished up her makeup by putting lip gloss on her lips.

"tal, don't be such a goody two shoes." pansy said, getting up.

talia wasn't a goody-two-shoes, but she did want to make a good first impression with all of her professors. she couldn't do that if she stayed up too late.

all of the other girls were downstairs, but pansy decided to stay behind to help talia get ready. they could hear the music blaring from the common room, and two couples had already stumbled in their dorm room looking for a place to hook up. bloody slytherins.

"are you ready? you look fabulous." pansy said, getting ready to walk out of the door. talia sighed and looked in the mirror.

pansy had dressed her in an outfit showing a good amount of skin. talia was beautiful, but that didn't mean she always felt that way.

"let's just go." she said.

when they got downstairs, talia was oblivious to the fact that all of the boys' eyes were on her. they looked at her like she was a hot new girl. she was.

"i'm gonna get us something to drink!" pansy yelled over the music. talia nodded, and found herself stranded in a corner.

she looked around. tracey was making out with a girl on the couch. the greengrass sisters, not far away, were hung up on a guy who clearly wasn't interested. millicent was hissing at people who were giving her weird looks, but they were only giving her weird looks because she was hissing. and draco was walking right towards talia to talk to her, a drink in his hand.

"well, well, well. look who decided to join us." he greeted. talia could smell alcohol on him, but he wasn't drunk.

"i'm only here because pansy made me come." talia said, rolling her eyes.

she had to admit, draco did clean up well when he wasn't in his school robes. not that he didn't look good in his robes as well, but..you get the point.

"relax, i wasn't gonna be mean." draco said.

he looked her up and down, thinking she was incredibly attractive. not only was she exactly his type, but she was so much more.

talia watched as draco took her hand and led them through the crowd of slytherins from one end of the common room to the other. they stopped in front of the common room door.

draco turned to look at her before they left the party. he didn't really care whether she wanted to leave or not, but he wanted to see the confused look on her face as to where the hell he was taking her. he found it hysterical.

"where are we going, malfoy?" talia asked as they left the common room.

he started leading her down a long hallway. the castle was quiet, it being so late at night. the only thing you could hear was the steps the two of them were taking on the stone floor and the fire from the candles above flickering.

talia started becoming even more confused when they came to a stop in a random part of the castle. it was a small space by a window around nowhere in particular.

"what are you doing here, talia?" draco asked after a moment of silence. she looked over at him, eyebrows furrowed.

"i'm hoping to start my classes tomorrow. why do you ask? isn't it obvious?" she stated.

she didn't like the way draco was looking at her in that moment. he looked angry. not angry, furious, but she didn't know why.

"great. now what are you really doing here?" he questioned. talia turned to face him more, becoming curious.

"i beg your pardon?" she said.

she was caught by surprise when draco layed his strong hands on her waist and pushed her up against the wall in a threatening stance.

"did he send you?" draco asked, anger filling his tone.

"did who send me?" talia asked back. she cringed and tried to look away, draco's face awfully close to hers.

"don't play dumb. did he send you to check on me or something?" draco said, starting to raise his voice.

his hands were so tight around her waist it was beginning to hurt. she struggled to get away, and she couldn't. he was just too strong.

"malfoy!" she pleaded, really wanting him to let go.

"you know, when i first saw you on that train i was intrigued. you're beautiful hair, you're soft skin..." he said, slightly touching her hair and then her face. she tried to turn her head away again, but she couldn't.

talia hated crying in front of people more than anything. she never wanted to show any sort of weakness. so when she started tearing up in front of draco, she couldn't have been more embarrassed.

"...and then i got to thinking. you just so happen to be sorted into slytherin. i've seen you glancing at me. i know you're keeping an eye out on me for him." draco said.

talia had enough. she glanced at him for a quick second and drawed out her wand, holding it to his neck and backing him up to the wall on the other side. she wasn't actually going to do anything to hurt him, but she needed him to let go.

"i have no idea what you're talking about, malfoy!" she said, harshly.

draco saw the look in her glossy eyes, and somehow knew she was telling the truth. talia shoved her wand back into her pocket and started to stomp away.

"talia. i-i must've gotten confused." he said, not wanting her to get upset and tell anyone. he didn't think she would, but you couldn't be too sure.

draco let out a chuckle at how stupid he sounded. he was getting way too paranoid.

talia didn't turn around, but instead threw up her middle finger at draco as she stormed away. she didn't hear him following behind, and she was grateful for that. she just wanted to get back to the common room, skip the party and go to bed.