chapter 14

talia stretched and nuzzled her head into the firm yet soft pillow that lied underneath her. the pillow smelled like italian bergamont, rich apple and cedar wood; draco's shampoo. she could smell the sheets, too. bergamot, cedar, amber and vanilla; draco's cologne.

her face blushed as she looked down and saw that she was no longer in the tight clothes she had fallen asleep in, but one of draco's t shirts that was extra big on her.

talia looked over and saw that the shower water was running, and there were sheets on the floor were draco had slept. she was slightly dissapointed he didn't sleep in the bed next to her, but quickly shook the thought away from her mind.

she tip toed out of bed and made her way over to the dresser. she looked at the rings that were sitting there and carefully examined them. one of them stood out to her. it was thin and black with a snake rapped around the ring part. there was something scary yet familiar about it that drew her in.

she went to try it on and it fell off of her finger, being way too big for a hand her size. she was so infuatuated that she hadn't even realized the shower water stop and draco step out of the bathroom.

"that one was my father's. a friend gave it to him before he gave it to me." he said, watching her stare at the ring closely. talia jumped and turned around, the ring falling off of her finger and on the floor for a second time.

she saw draco standing there in new clothes and wet hair, signalizing he just changed in the bathroom. he looked at her standing there as well. the way her hair was a little messed up from her sleep and the t shirt that layed just at her middle thigh. she was effortlessly beautiful.

so beautiful.

"i'm sorry." tal whispered, picking the ring up off of the floor and putting it back where it was. draco took another step closer.

"are you alright?" he asked. considering what had happened last night, he was assuming the answer was no. but, he knew talia wouldn't admit that.

"yes. i'm fine." she said, monotoned. draco nodded and looked down at the floor.

"right. i know you're lying, but i won't pry it out of you." he nodded, beginning to pick the sheets off of the floor and throw them on the bed. talia opened her mouth to say something, anything to break the silence, but draco beat her to it.

"since its sunday i was going to head out of the castle to diagon alley to grab a few things. if you wanted to come..." he offered, not finishing his sentence. talia gave him a questioning look.

"really?" she asked. she couldn't help but be surprised that draco, of all people, was asking her to join him.

draco simply shrugged and nodded, hoping she would say yes.

"okay. let me just..go get ready." tal said, smiling softly and trying to hide her excitement. she turned for the door and opened it, ready to walk away when draco said something else.

"keep the shirt. it looks better on you, anyway." he smirked.

talia didn't turn around. she knew if she did, draco would make fun of how red her face was.

once talia was ready to go and changed her outfit a total of four times, she made her way downstairs and saw draco patiently waiting by the fireplace with blaise zambini. when draco noticed her walk down the steps and enter the room, he cleared his throat and stood up. blaise smiled.

"i can't believe you two are actually going on a date." he chuckled, slightly teasing them. talia and draco exchanged eye contact and turned back to blaise in disgust.

"it's not a date!" they both said at the same time, defensively. blaise chuckled again and stood up, smoothing out his paints.

"right. you two keep telling yourselves that." he said.

draco and talia exchanged awkward eye contact again before blaise fully left the room, leaving the two alone. talia nodded and started walking for the door.

"where are you going?" draco asked. talia turned around.

"aren't we going to diagon alley?" she questioned. draco chuckled.

"not by the front door unless you want to get caught." he said. talia have him a concerned look.

"what do you mean "get caught"? aren't we allowed to leave castle grounds on weekends?" tal pushed, not knowing what she was getting herself into.

"no, dipwit. we're traveling by floo powder." draco said. talia rolled her eyes at him and walked over to the small container of floo powder he was holding. based on the face she made, he figured she didn't know what it was.

"take some of it up in your hand, say where you want to go and drop it. look, i'll show you and do the same exact thing." draco informed, talking carefully.

he set the pot of floo powder down on the floor and picked some of it up in his hand. he walked into the fire place, said "diagon alley", and was set up into green flames in a matter of seconds. when the flames went away, draco was gone.

talia rushed over to the fire place, looking inside of it for any sign of draco. there was none. he was completely gone.

hesitantly, she grabbed her own handful of floo powder and did the same exact thing malfoy had showed her. she felt a mixture of hot and cold and turns in her stomach. she was upside down, to the left, to the right and backwards all at once.

then, like she was promised, she was in diagon alley with draco standing next to her, waiting.

"good job." he said, slightly raising his eyebrows at how well talia had handled herself. she gave him a look.

"i'm gonna barf." she groaned.