In With The New - Pillow Talk

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 20

I eyed Lexi accusingly, watching as a silly smile flitted across her features.

The trips that Ryan had been making to my home had become more frequent, and number of 'visits' Lexi had been making to a certain somebody had also increased.

Lexi had this constant smug grin on her face that was beginning to get on my last nerve, and everywhere she walked, she had a flouncy spring in her step.

I threw a pillow at Lexi's head. "Is there something going on between you and a guy?" I asked, although I already knew the answer. Lexi bit her bottom lip and averted her eyes from me.

"How did you know?" She asked sheepishly.

"Well," I said in a sarcastic tone whilst tapping my chin. "You've had this sickly sweet smile on your face for the past couple of days and you've been walking like a fairy. It's annoying and it only happens when you've found another person of the opposite sex to practise your perverseness on." I stated bluntly. Lexi knew all too well what she was like when she developed feelings for someone.

"It's Ryan." She confessed, looking at the floor once more. I rolled my eyes dramatically and threw another pillow at her.

"As if I didn't already know,"

She looked up at me and we smiled at each other for a moment.

"Tell me one thing Lexi," I began, my face growing solemn. "Does he know-"

"YES!" Lexi rushed, her face reddening by the second. "He knows, he accepted it and I'm sorry Acacia just please don't kill me!" 

"Is there more?" I asked, my breath shaky and my palms beginning to sweat.

"I told him about you too!" I knew it. The girl couldn't keep her mouth shut to save her life. "Acacia I promise you, Ryan is sworn to secrecy."

"Well that's reassuring..." I muttered dryly. Even though she'd told Ryan, I couldn't be mad at Lexi... If anything, it was my fault more than hers. "So how did he react to it?" I slowly asked, suddenly feeling deadly curious. She smiled softly to herself, before blushing and turning around.

"He didn't believe me at first... He said that it was impossible. Then he asked if it was the same case for you, and when I said yes, he did a double take," she laughed lightly. "He got a little angry, of course. And then he stormed out. But he came back ten minutes later and said he had a new mind-set. He said it might be wrong but he doesn't care." She giggled. I rolled my eyes and moved closer to her. "Ryan said he wouldn't tell anything to Chris, but he also said you're going to have to tell him yourself, before somebody else does. And it's true Acacia, you're going to have to." She added with an air of finality. The eeriness in the atmosphere was too hard to bear, as I scratched my way to the surface.

Before somebody else does...

One more wrong move, and that was the sheer end of Chris and I.</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">--------------------</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Tense.</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Liz</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"><3</pre>