In With The New - Small Girl, Big Attitude

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 16

Chris's POV

"Speaking of stars..." Kathy gave a mischievous look to the audience. She crossed her legs and turned to me to give me a pointed look. "We see there's a new 'star' in your life," she said, making air quotes with her hands. The female audience booed and my eyes squinted at her. That question wasn't on my interviewers script.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I laughed forcefully, sitting up in my chair. The thing is, I knew what she was talking about and Kathy and everybody else knew as well. My whole body stiffened, no longer casual and relaxed and my smile was becoming more and more forced by the millisecond 

"Oh, come on Chris!" Kathy screeched, slapping me on the arm. I slightly flinched at her touch, frowning. Her touch was nothing compared to Acacia's. "That lucky girl you were spotted with... Give us a hint Chris! The world is dying to know who she is!"

My face paled. 

Acacia...

The deep gnawing feeling started at the pit of my stomach. My jaw locked, my fists clenched, and I started to get from the chair.

I regretted everything. I regretted ever seeing Acacia at the gala, I regretted meeting her for the first time. I regretted going on those dates with her... I regretted arguing with her and I regretted letting her walk away.

But the feeling inside me was telling me otherwise. 

"I-I've got to go..." I stuttered, running towards the door exit.

"Chris!" Kathy continued to yelp as she ran after me. I suddenly heard a loud bang and scraping sound and the crowd gasped in a mix of horror and amusement. The audience started to scream and some cheered as the whole scene unfurled before their eyes. Live. 

Everything was a blur as I sprinted off of the stage. I felt physically sick and I desperately needed to get away from it all... And I knew exactly where I needed to go. 

A firm hand was shoved onto my chest, interrupting my mean streak. I jerked backwards, wheezing at the pressure of the push.

"What the hell Chris?" My agent, also the bastard of all bastards, William barked at me. "Do you understand the implications of what you just did?"

But I wasn't even listening. His voice was a blur in the background, as well as the chaos happening backstage. Workers were frantically trying to send the channel to an advert, and others were already planning damage control. 

A sudden clomping sound of stiletto heels marched over me from behind, and a firm hand grabbed my shoulder, spinning me around.

"Who do you," Kathy seethed, poking a hard, manicured finger into my shoulder. "Think you are? Humiliating ME on MY show?" 

William swiftly cut in, putting a hand in between Kathy and I before she could kill me. 

"Well Kathy, you technically did show an act of misconduct by asking a rather personal question that was not on the interviewers script." William defended, trying to seem like the good guy.

"So?" Kathy screeched. Her hair was tousled and her face was on the verge of turning purple. "That doesn't give him any right to storm off of the stage in the middle of the interview. We paid so much money to get this interview on live tv!" She hissed.

"I need to get out of here..." I mumbled, attempting to get past the two.

Kathy spun me around once again, staring me down. Even though she was shorter than me, her anger made her seem ten feet tall. 

"Listen here, you." She spat, raising her hand to me. "You have lost us a great deal of money, and your selfish acts will not go unpunished. Do you hear me?" 

But I was already gone, into the crisp afternoon air. I didn't bring my own car, so I had to use the rent-a-car and I knew I'd be in a heap load of crap when I brought it back.

I hit the accelerator, peeling in and out of traffic. I tried to get there as fast as I could without getting stopped by police. My knuckles were white as I gripped on to the steering wheel, anxiety and nervousness coursing through my veins.

Please don't let it be too late...</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">-----------------------</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Hey heyyy!</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Fun times. I hope you enjoyed this chapter?</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Enjoy,</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Liz</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"><3</pre>