In With The New - He Makes Me Happy?

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 26</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Acacia POV</pre>

I sagged to the ground, beads of sweat dripping down my face. Panting heavily, I stayed there attempting to fill my lungs with oxygen.

"Get back up Acacia." My dance instructor, Ms Day ordered. She was a young formal woman who always scraped her hair into a high, neat bun, whatever the occasion. She'd always push me until I was sure enough that I could see the light, which had both it's perks and drawbacks.

"I can't do it." I breathed, struggling to get off of the ground.

Ms Welch scrutinised me from a distance, not even making a move to help me get up.

"Well try harder."

"I'm doing all that I can, it's just not right," I felt close to tears, which even shocked me slightly. It took a lot to make me want to cry. "I can't... I-"

"Don't ever say you can't do something until you try your hardest. You have potential, Acacia, more than I've seen in a long time, but there's just something in your way and you need to overcome it," she walked up to me and wiped my sweat drenched hair off of my face. Her eyes suddenly softened as she looked intently at me. "You need to find what really makes you happy, and grab ahold of it while you dance. Make it the air that you breathe, the thing that keeps you alive and motivated," Ms Day searched my face with her misty grey eyes. "Come on Acacia, think. What really makes you happy?"

I averted my eyes to the ground, slowly regaining my breath. What really makes me happy? I racked my own brain, but I couldn't find an answer. Turns out, I didn't know myself as much as I thought I did.

"I don't know." I whispered, my bottom lip trembling. I was on the brink of tears and I didn't even know why. What was making me so upset? 

"Think, Acacia. There must be something," she urged. "It doesn't have to be a thing that's been around for a long time, it just has to make you happy. There has to be something."

Something... Something... Someone?

"Could it be a person?" I asked childishly, meeting her eyes with mine. Her face lit up and she moved closer to me.

"Of course it can."

I had known the answer way before the question was even asked, I just refused to accept it. The whole time, it was the only thought that I had in my head. It wasn't something I was proud of, or something that I wanted to encourage, but I no longer had control of my thoughts.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Of all people who truly make me happy, it had to be Chris?

Blinking back my tears, I rose my head and turned to Ms Day. "I think I can do this."

She sent me a warm smile and started to back away from me. "The stage is all yours."

***

I landed in perfect position, breathing heavily with a smile on my face. I actually enjoyed it. In fact, I really enjoyed it. My movements didn't feel forced or mechanical, it flowed with my own style and flair and I didn't even want to stop. Ms Day gave me a broad grin, which I was almost certain I'd never see on her face.

"I knew you could do it! You just always have to remember to channel all of your emotions into dance and you will move like you've never moved before."

"Thank you." I laughed, unable to keep the smile off of my face. Ms Day's grin soon faded and her face returned to her strict form.

"Now do it again. From the top."</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">---------------</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">ACACIA LIKES TO DANCE!</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Success!</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">hope you enjoyed, and I now have writers block and I don't know what to do for my next chapter :'(</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Liz</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"><3</pre>