In With The New - Horrible Bosses

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 21

Chris POV

I blew out a deep breath, bracing myself for the headache that was sure to come. Giving the door a tentative knock, I considered running away and saving myself the migraine.

"Come in, Chris," He barked gruffly from the inside, and I briskly opened the door.

My agent, Will, was leant back in his chair, clasping his hands together. Will was a bully and a bastard, and so happened to be the only guy who would take me on. I stood in front of him, not saying a word.

"I've been waiting for you for quite some time, Chris. Off with this mystery girl again?" He questioned, with a venomous edge in his tone. He was only doing this to provoke me... I had to keep telling myself that.

I actually wasn't with Acacia, I'd just got back from visiting my pregnant sister and her husband in Manchester.

"What do you want, Will?" I sighed. The sooner this conversation was over, the better.

"I think you know what I want, Chris."

I looked from side to side, outstretching my arms. "No, I actually don't."

"It's about the girl." He spat. I flinched at the way he spoke about her, like she was shit on his shoe.

"What about 'the girl'?" I retorted, crossing my arms.

"She's obviously a distraction to you. Get her out of your life as quickly as you got her in." He ordered, thinking that this was the end of our discussion.

I glared hard at him, feeling the tension inside me rise up a notch. "And why would I do that?" I bit at him.

"Umm... Let me see," Will mused, tapping his chin. "I pretty much own you," he smirked at me, holding up one finger. "You owe me for redeeming you from the shitbag you used to be," he raised another finger. "And I could destroy you and your girl before you can even say boo," he sneered, holding up his middle finger on his other hand. I clenched my fists and bit my tongue too hard, tasting the blood in my mouth. I shook with the need to redesign Will's face with my fists, but I refrained from doing it. As tempting as that offer was, it'd probably cost me my life in the end.

Will was a back door, alleyway, crooked asshole who did illegal things to get by in life. How and why he became a manager is beyond me. If I had known what type of guy Will was, I would have never even agreed to work with him, not even in another lifetime. But it was too late, and he had way too much dirt on me to not use me like a puppet. He was so good at acting all innocent and wholesome, that I was surprised that he didn't take up acting for himself.

"You can't do this." I struggled to speak with my throat swelling up.

"Au Contraire, Chris. Yes I can. By the way, like the rest of the world, I am curious. Who is this mystery girl?" He leaned closer, with a mischievous glint in his eye

"Like I'd ever tell you." I spat at him. From now on, anything going on between Acacia and I had to be on the down low. Will tutted tauntingly and shook his head at me. 

"You're nothing without your good looks, kid. Now get the hell out of my office." He commanded. I silently thanked God, I was glad to get out of there.

"Good riddance." I glared at him once more.

"Watch your attitude boy, it could end you up dead." 

Sticking up my middle finger at him, I stalked out of the room and slammed the door behind me. I fought the urge to growl in frustration but instead I waited until I got in my car. Once inside my car, I jammed my keys into the ignition. Red faced, I let out an unmanly scream and slammed my head on the steering wheel.

Will just wanted to scare me, he only wanted to wind me up. And I must say, he achieved his goal. But the only thing that mattered right now was Acacia.

No matter what Will says... Scratch that... no matter what anyone says, I'm not letting her go that easily.

----------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, I edited this chapter like 16 times and I'm still not happy with it. But it shall do... For the time being.

Yup, there's a story between Chris and Will, his manager... Maybe it will be unravelled soon... Maybe not! :D

Thanks for reading guys!

Liz

<3</pre>