In With The New - Pancakes In The Post

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 17

Acacia POV

"Where do you think he went?" I asked to no one in particular, twitching my nose nervously. There was a hint of worry that added weight to my voice, and my throat felt sore.

"Well, I have a pretty good idea..." Ryan trailed off at the sound of the letterbox slam against the metal flap.

"You have mail!" Alexis chirped.

"Or somebody doesn't know where the doorbell is." Ryan attempted to joke. I shook my head and sauntered towards the door, dragging my feet as I went along. My eyebrow raised when I saw something unusual.

What I saw on the floor was oddly inappropriate to be put through a letterbox.

Limply on the floor lay a pack of mini pancakes.

I had to have an inner battle with myself to keep the silly grin off of my face as I picked the pancakes up and slowly unlocked the door.

I took a sharp intake of breath as I saw his face for the second time today- but this time it was the real deal. I hastily regained my composure and glared at him.

We stared at each other for God knows how long, Chris watching me with a wary look on his face. Soon after, his facial features began to soften, turning into a light and feathery smile. His cheeks were a bright shade of pink, with a tinge of embarrassment and guilt. It was funny how at moments like this, he always looked like a little boy.

"Look... I-I'm sorry," He heaved out in frustration and defeat. "I was wro-" 

"Don't apologise," I interrupted. "We were both wrong, so let's just get over it, how about that?" I offered. Chris nodded his head, his smile broadening. "Besides, you brought me pancakes and that just sealed the deal." I smirked, causing us both to laugh. 

After a moment, Chris's face turned serious as we regarded each other in silence. He ducked his head slightly, some strands of his hair wafting to his forehead. 

"We are... Ok now, aren't we?" He asked innocently, not looking me in the eye. My mind laughed humourlessly; if only he knew who he was talking to.

"Of course we are." I struggled to smile at him, knowing that yet again, another bad decision was being made. 

But maybe it was his smile, the way he looked at me, his personality... Something about him... 

That just made everything better.</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">-----------------------------</pre>

A/N: 

Okay... This was a horrible chapter, I am fully aware and I take full responsibility of it. Theres no point in editing it because I actually don't know if I can change it without making it worse... So sorry y'all ._.

Forgive me!

Liz

<3</pre>