In With The New - Road Trip

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Chapter 22

"Chris walks out of Kathy Douglas's Interview-all ends in with a crash!", the front page of the magazine read. There was a picture of a red faced Chris getting up from the interviewers seat, with a grimace showing across his features. The other picture was of Kathy sprawled on the floor, with her hair fanned out everywhere. I let out a small laugh and quickly averted my eyes to the rest of the text. "Famous Actor Chris Ryder walks out of interview once his 'mystery girl' is mentioned."

I quickly scanned the rest of the article, thanking my lucky stars that no one had identified me yet.

My phone beeped in my pocket and I opened the message to see that it was addressed from Chris.

Hve u cn da intrvw story on d nws yet?

I smiled down at my phone and texted a reply.

Yeah right, you Z list celebrity. And your text type is horrifying.

I h8 txtin. Gnna cll u.

My phone rang and I picked up the phone.

"Never text me again, your typing looks like alien scribbles." I laughed.

"Harsh. Hello to you too, by the way." He replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes over the phone.

"What do you want, Chris?" I asked, wondering what he wanted to talk to me about.

"Are you at home?" He queried. My eyebrow quirked, wondering why he was asking.

"No, I'm out buying pancakes. Yours wasn't enough. Maybe I shouldn't have let you off so lightly." I complained whilst paying for the pancakes.

"I swear, you are some sort of pancake machine," he laughed, and I could imagine him shaking his head at me. "Which store are you at?"

"The one closest to my house. Why?"

"I'll be there in about 20 seconds. Wait there for me."

And with that, he hung up. I gasped at his forwardness and contemplated sprinting out of the shop with the pancakes while I still had the chance. I froze when I saw a familiar car stop a few metres away from the shop. 

I quickly jogged over to his car before he could come inside the store, and I got in.

"Hello Mr I can come out of nowhere and destroy Acacia's daily plans." I smiled sweetly at him.

"Hello Miss I just have to get over it." He returned the smile and I winced at him.

"Touché." 

"I'm learning from the best." He smirked, implying that I was teaching him to act like this.

"So what brought on this sudden encounter?" I put on the seatbelt and sat comfortably in the seat of his car. I always liked the smooth leather in his car, and I always felt safe inside it.

"I had a really crappy day today and I really need my mood lightened."

"And how may I be of assistance?" I questioned, curiosity seeping through into my voice. He started his engine and turned to smirk at me.

"We're going to a funfair."

"You what now?!" I yelped, jumping out of the seat to face him fully.

"What's wrong with funfairs?" He asked, frowning a little.

"Nothing," I lied. It's only just full of hundreds of people who probably knew who he was. I already acted like an idiot and blew it by almost getting caught. "Just a little bit too public for me?" I reasoned. I told him before that I didn't want us to 'hang out' in public, so that he'd be able to live his 'fake' dreams of fame

"I guess you're right, but I was really looking forward to that." He sulked, attempting to look at me through his eyelashes while he stopped the car. My face broke out into a fake smile and I patted his arm.

"Well you're going to have to get over it." I pinched his cheek and his eyes lowered in defeat.

"Well I still want to do something today. It's not my fault I'm such a hot, famous, talented-"

I cut him off with a slap to his face. "Your ego is growing again." I teased. Chris rubbed his face, scowling at me.

"Well it's not my fault that it's the truth!"

"D'you want another one?" I raised my hand to his face threateningly. Chris's eyes widened and he slinked back into his seat. 

"I should drive you to a farm and leave you there."

"You're really not helping your case here, boy." I raised my hand higher.

"Gee, I didn't know you were this abusive." He complained, his face turning pink.

"You blush a lot for a guy." I commented, staring at his face.

"And you're way to mean for a girl."

"Shut up." I grumbled, sitting back in my seat and facing the front.

"I've got an idea. How about we just drive until we both don't know where we are?"

"Shouldn't be too long for you," I mumbled under my breath. Chris was so convinced that he knew the whole of London like the back of his hand now. "Seems like a pretty good way to waste gas. Lets do it."</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">--------------------</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"> </pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Goin' for a road trip!</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Enjoy :D</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;">Liz</pre>

<pre style="line-height: 21px; white-space: normal; color: #444444; font-size: 15px; text-align: start;"><3</pre>