Chapter nine

I can't believe this. Why must I do this? If that shiny Eevee can't even handle a few criticisms from me, then how will she even deal with anything else? I mean, I guess I never asked her to join us in our mission—whatever that is, but I assumed she liked me enough to stay.

Pulse hissed as he thumped through the forest.

He wasn't afraid of some 'bad Pokémon.'

They should be afraid of him! That's what he decided.

He could hear the Hoothoot and the night Pokémon in the distance. Or the ones who felt like being nocturnal.

"Hey!" A voice exclaimed in the distance.

They seemed...way too friendly.

Is everyone in this forest an idiot? Pulse wondered as he sped up.

He was praying he would find this shiny bitch before he got really mad.

He just couldn't believe she would run away like that.

It wasn't like he liked her, or even tolerated her, but he just needed her help.

He was sure Paarthurnax would turn their whole class on him and make a villain out of nothing.

It has happened before.

Pokémon always believe the starters.

The more allies he had the better it was in case he needed to start hiding.

Why'd I even kill my father? Maybe...Hasira is a little right, but I'm also right. You don't send your son off to a school because of his looks.

In the distance, Hasira was chatting with two Pokémon who were identical to her.

Well, they're her evolution line.

Close enough.

A Jolteon and a Sylveon.

The Sylveon was male and was definitely in his fifties.

"It's nice to see someone out in this forest. Yes, it's filled with crazy weirdos who want to peck your eyes out, and the Orbeetles aren't too friendly, but I'm glad to see some sign of friendliness out here." The Sylveon yipped, wagging his tail.

That tail wag annoyed the living crap out of Pulse.

He snarled.

There was something...powerful about that Sylveon. He wasn't sure what it was. All he knew was he wanted to kill him. The Jolteon wasn't a big deal, but she was also chatting with Hasira.

Pulse flexed his claws impatiently.

He strut up to the three Pokémon.

"Oh! Hello there, son. Is this Pokémon you're friend, Hasira?" The Sylveon wondered, nodding greeting to Pulse.

The Jolteon next to Sylveon shied away from Pulse, afraid.

It seems she caught on to something the Sylveon couldn't.

Pulse flashed an intimidating smirk.

"Oh....I don't know. Are we friends, Pulse?" Hasira snapped at Pulse.

I'll never get my way if I don't appeal to her, will I?

"Of course we're friends." Pulse lies, swallowing his bile. "I regret telling you such lies. You're a wonderful Pokémon. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

The Sylveon smiled generously.

"You see, he didn't mean it! He's a nice Pokémon."

Every word the Sylveon used...humble.