Chapter seventeen

~~~~~

The Hypno furiously scribbled things down. A frown was on his face.

He had lied.

He lied to Pulse.

He knew who he was.

He knew everything.

There was no point in keeping them there longer.

The events were unfolding.

And Pulse knew too much already.

What if he found out these were events...events of what's to come?

Ulysses shuddered.

Fierce protection for this world shown in his eyes.

I can't let that happen! The mission must not fail. I will make sure he finds those eggs. The events have already begun. This world...is going to be doom, but I won't let that happen!

The Hypno spun around as he heard feet.

Despite them being light, Ulysses could recognize those urgent feet anywhere.

"Why are you here?" Ulysses breathed out, not daring to turn around.

"You know why I'm here. I've got a very special mission for you. Can you do that for me?" The Pokémon squeaked.

Ulysses put down the pen and paper.

"You know I don't like doing these favors for you. Why'd you tell me about the events of future?" Ulysses demanded, turning around to see a Pikachu with a ukulele on his back stand right in front of him.

"Because," the Pikachu began, trailing his tail down the walls of his home. "If not, then who would I have do these types of things? I already tried asking a Bulbasaur, but they refused. And no one else believes me except for you. You're the only one who can do it. I mean you already have the tapestries, right?"

Ulysses nodded grimly.

"It's just awful to know that kid is going to become a villain."

The Pikachu nodded in understanding.

"I get it."

"I mean I have every chance to change this Pokémon's mind, but yet I have to allow him to roam free? He had blood on his paws a few weeks ago! He probably murdered someone! Why won't you let me tell anyone?! I get it that no one must know, but I'm basically a bad guy for doing this..."

The Hypno trailed off, not wanting to speak to this Pokémon anymore.

"Look, I know. This is a thing that most Pokémon would tell authorities, but this must happen. I only know this stuff because I traveled to the future. I know what that's like, but I didn't know before that. No one besides us must know this pup will become a serial killer. I mean, that Absol is also a serial killer, but this one has an important role, and we must make him get to that role any way we can, even if it means we don't tell a soul. Now let me explain myself." Pikachu remarked.

Ulysses nodded.

He knew this was ultimately up to date, and not him.

There was nothing he can do.

Plus, who knows Palkia could come out of nowhere and just send him to another dimension or something for making things not go the way they are. Or is that Dialga?

Either way, the Hypno thought. It's something I cant mess with. This Pikachu is right.

He lowered his head.