Chapter 27

I'm nervous while pacing back and forth here in my unit. The thunder and lightning are still going, as is the rain.

I can't believe it.

Hindi ko akalain na ang babaeng nagbigay sa akin ng kape nuon ay isa din palang bampira.

"Can you stop doing that? Nakakahilo ka na."

Napahinto naman ako at nilingon sya. Why didn't I even notice it before?  Her aura is the same as Mara's.

"You're thinking about her?"

"I'm thinking about the both of you. I just can't believe that I will encounter another vampire in person; I didn't know you and her knew each other."

I decided to just sit down and heave a sigh.

"Well, I'm just doing her a favor in exchange for... "- pabitin nyang sabi.

"Of what?"

"Your life."

"What? I didn't hear you properly."

She chuckled and shook her head. She stood up from her seat.

"You don't need to know about that. Anyway, she's coming. I should leave by now."

"Lenora, wait!"

Sinundan ko sya dahil paalis na talaga sya.

We both stopped when we heard the doorbell ring.

She glanced back at me.

"She's here"

May pinindot ako sa gilid ko para magbukas ang lock ng pinto. Sa hindi malaman na kadahilanan ay bigla akong kinabahan.

Ang basang basa sa ulan na si Mara ay nanduon at nakatayo. Walang reaksyon ang mukha. Seryoso lamang.

"Hi. Buhay ka pa."- Lenora said, but Mara remained serious.

"Can you leave us for a minute, Lenora?"- she coldly asked.

Tumingin ako kay Lenora. I can feel the tension radiating from both of them.
They stared at each other for a while before Lenora decided to step aside.

Lumabas na sya at pumasok naman si Mara.

Lenora gave us one last glance before the door closed.

"Basang basa ka. Do you want me to get you a towel?"- basag ko sa katahimikan.

Hindi ko na sya inantay pa na magsalita dahil pumasok na ako sa kwarto para kumuha ng bagong tuwalya.

Paglabas ko ay nakita ko syang nakatitig sa picture frame na nakadisplay. Particularly on my whole clan.  The Hemlock.

Lumapit ako sa tabi nya at inabot ang tuwalya na hawak ko.

"Thank you for saving me earlier."- I muttered.

She accepted the towel, but she didn't wipe the droplets of water on her skin. She's just holding it tightly while staring at the picture.