Chapter 19

Mara's POV

"Did you found him?"

"Not yet. Tirik ang araw Mara kaya wag kang umasang naglipana sila sa paligid."- sabi ni Lenora na nakaupo na ngayon sa couch.

She's looking for that vampire. The one who's turning his victim into a vampire

Lenora said it's someone who's related to me, but I don't want to believe her.

The whole Petrova clan died that night. And I am the remaining bloodsucker from that family.

So I'm having a hard time thinking about and believing what she told me.

Nagsalin ako ng dugo sa baso at hinagis iyon sa kanya na nasalo naman nya.

Tumalsik pa nga sa pisnge nya yung dugo dahil sa impact.

She wiped it with her finger before licking it.

Naupo nanaman ako sa kabilang couch habang ineenjoy ang pag inom ng sarili kong inumin.

"What did she say?"

"Who?"

She rolled her eyes, making me chuckle.

"Of course she's surprised. And maybe right now she's wondering if she and her boyfriend will be safe."- I said in my flat tone.

"If something happens, will you save her?"

Tahimik na nagisip ako at binaba sa center table ang basong hawak ko.

"I don't know."

She coughs but eventually ends up laughing.

"What?"- I asked, frowning.

Tumigil naman sya sa paghalakhak at sinalubong ang tingin ko.

"Nothing. Because I will save her. Dati akong mortal, and I know what it feels like to die unexpectedly. She'll be a huge loss if she dies."

Ako naman ngayon ang napairap sa kanya.

"Yeah, but her blood is the one who's going to put her in danger."

"Don't worry, I already took care of that."- she said, smiling before drinking from her glass.

**************

I'm running. I was running so fast, not minding the trees around me or the swaying grass my feet were stepping on.

Sumasalubong ang hangin sa akin pero mas binilisan ko pa ang takbo sa loob ng kagubatan.

Tumalon ako sa kabilang ibayo kung saan ang gitna nun ay malalim na bangin pero may tubig. Pero kung normal na tao ka mamamatay ka kapag nahulog ka dahil sobrang malalim yon.

Tahimik na nilakad ko ang paligid hanggang sa umabot ako sa pamilyar na lugar dito sa kabilang gubat.

Unwanted images flash through my mind. The fire, the screams, the sound of horses, and the blood scattered everywhere alongside the burning bodies are flashing before my eyes like it all just happened yesterday.

Tinignan ko ang natirang bato sa dating malapalasyong bahay namin.

It After killing everyone. They burned the whole house, destroying the bricks around it, until no one could recognize it anymore as the Familia Petrova home.

I don't know exactly what happened.

We were so fine. Living our lives happily. But suddenly that happiness turned to chaotic sadness.

My mother married my father. He's a human. He promised, or, let's say, he vowed, to take care of her. I remember them being happy because I was their daughter.