Chapter 34~

SOFIA'S POV~

       It had been a few days since I found out everything about Matteo... Well not really everything, just that he is the head of the Italian mafia.

I still hadn't gotten over it since the past few days and I'd been having bad anxiety. I really had been thinking of the worst things that could happen to me and my child.

     I had thought of escaping this place but the security had been extra tight and the bedroom was on the third floor. It was practically going to be difficult to escape here and I really didn't want to start a fight with Matteo so I just put the idea aside.

       Mariella’s bubbly presence in the house had really cleansed the atmosphere from the bad energy that had been in the house. She always troubled Matteo making him frustrated which for a reason brought me peace.

     I hadn't realized that my bump had grown bigger. Mariella always teased me and said she was sure it was going to be a boy and he was going to be exactly like Matteo so they would gang up against and trouble me while Melissa would disagree saying it was a girl and she would be just like me.

   Matteo and I had not been in any argument or disagreement mostly because his sister wouldn't let him have it. I really enjoyed Mariella’s presence in the house and also because anytime she noticed me moody or sad, she would try her best to cheer me up.

  It was now evening, so I decided to take a stroll at the garden because I was so over being cooped up in the room.

    I bumped into Matteo on my way out of the bedroom.

    “Hey, are you good? Where are you going?” he asked looking curious.

    “I'm going to the garden, I feel so suffocated being in the room all the day”.

      “Ok I'll come with you...hmmm just in case you need something” he said, looking slightly nervous.

    “There's no need, I'll be fine on my own” I said, walking away but he gently grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

    “I also want to take a walk in the garden so I'll go come along with you” he said.

     I gave up and nodded in approval.

     We walked together in the garden in silence until Matteo spoke.

    “Hmm... How are you?”

  “I'm good” I said, my answer simple and short. The whole walking together was awkward.

    “Sofia, I really don't want to continue going in a never ending circle of argument and disagreement, that's really toxic and it's really not good for either of us or the baby. I know I've  done and said things that are hurtful and I'm sorry for that.
    My only aim was to protect you especially from this lifestyle but the moment you became pregnant with my child, that's when I knew you couldn't escape this kind of life either you stay with me or away from me. The time we were at your parents house, we were being tracked that's why I hurried us out of there.

    I really just tried to protect you and the baby but I ended up pushing you away. I'm not good at this, this.... Whatever we are now. I've never been in a relationship so I don't really know how all these work, it's really hard trying to balance my work and personal life.

   I'm really sorry for hurting you and putting you in a difficult situation”. He said looking me in the eyes. His words sounded sincere and the look on his face was something I hadn't seen before.

     “I really don't know what to say, these things are new to me and they're alot to take in. I am pregnant at nineteen, taken away from my family and I can't even speak with them. I really haven't had the best pregnancy so far, with losing one of my babies and attempting suicide, being depressed and not really having someone to share all these with except Melissa.