Crush

Heathers POV
"Happy birthday!" My friends said. Charlie and I had just gotten back from the store and when we came in, they were all here. "What the... how did you get here?" I asked. "Uber." Aura said. I looked over at Charlie. "Did you know about this?" I asked. "Yes. I did. Now shut up and go have fun." He pushed me towards my friends. Chloe put a cone hat on my head and I smiled nervously. "How did you know where I live? I've never brought you here before." I said. "Charlie stalked us." Aura said. "Yeah your dad is creepy." August said. I looked back at Charlie. "Dad?" I raised an eyebrow. He shrugged. I looked back at my friends. "Come on. You have a pool table and I'm gonna kick your ass!" Chloe announced. "Ok." I laughed and followed them. 

"It's your shot Apollo." Chloe said. I just leaned against my stick and stared at the table. "Seriously? You own a pool table and don't know how to play pool?" Aura asked. I glanced at her and shrugged. "I've been here for a year, and I didn't even know this table had balls in it." I said. Aura smiled and shook her head. "Here. Our team is solids. So you don't wanna hit the balls with the white stripes. Ok? You see the white ball? You're gonna hit it with the stick and try to hit the solid color balls with the white one. That's literally the simplest I can make it." She explained. "How do I hold the stick?" I asked. Aura sighed and put hers down. She pushed me against the table and leaned me over. I got red and Charlie chuckled. I glared at him. Aura leaned over me and wrapped my hands around the stick. "It's a cue. Not a stick. Put your fingers like this." She moved my hands to the right spot. My face is heating up so bad. Chloe and August noticed and smirked at each other. "Ok, you see how the white ball is aligned with the red one? And that one is aligned with the hole? You're gonna hit it there ok?" she said. "I don't... um-" I stuttered. She sighed and wrapped her hands around my own. I swear I couldn't breathe anymore. She moved the stick for me and hit the ball. It went in, and she stood up. "See easy!" She said. I stood up and handed her the stick. "One sec." I walked out of the room and Charlie followed. "Damn Aura. You may as well of just fucked her into the table." Chloe chuckled. 

"What's going on? You like her don't you? So get back out there." Charlie urged. I put my hand on the wall and took deep breaths. "What's happening? Why do I feel this way? Why can't I breathe?" I panted. He smiled. "It's because you're nervous. It's a normal feeling." he said. "What do I do Charlie? I've never felt this way about anyone before." I crossed my arms. "You could always tell her how you feel. It always feels better to get these things off your chest." He said. "No, I couldn't do that." I looked down. "It's your call." He said. He looked over and raised an eyebrow in confusion. I walked to him and looked where he did. My friends were all talking. Aura is fanning her face. She looks flushed. "Charlie... isn't that what I looked like when-" He cut me off by patting my back. "Yes it is. Looks like she's just better at hiding it than you are." He said. "But what if you're wrong?" I panicked. "Only one way to find out." He pushed me back over to them. 

"Your house is awesome! You have a fire pit!?" Chloe ran around my backyard gleefully. August was watching Charlie light the fire. I sat on the deck with Aura. "Hey, can I ask you something?" I asked. "Do you always have questions?" She looked over at me. I opened my mouth but closed it immediately. She giggled. "It's fine Heather. What's up?" she asked. "I um... well..." I couldn't find the words. She raised an eyebrow. "Do you like me?" I asked. Her eyebrows shot up. "Yes? We're friends aren't we?" she asked. I nodded and looked down. That's not what I meant but I didn't wanna bother her more. I glanced up and saw Charlie glaring at me. He nudged his head toward Aura and I looked back at her. I took a deep breath. "I like you." I said plainly. She looked back over at me. "I'd hope so." She chuckled. "No Aura, I mean... I like you." I said. She just stared at me for a minute. "Do you... do you know what that means? Like do you know what you're telling me right now? Cause if you don't mean what I think you mean... I might actually die." She said nervously. "I know I'm not the smartest person Aura, but I know what I'm saying." I said. She looked down as her breathing picked up. "I saw you get flushed after I walked away earlier. Do you... do you feel the same?" I asked. She gulped. "I don't know. I mean, your the first girl I've ever felt this for." she smiled nervously. "You're the first person I've ever felt for." I shrugged. She smiled and looked down. "I guess I can't turn you down then. I wouldn't want to ruin your experience." She joked. I giggled. "Really?" I asked. She nodded. "Yes. I do like you Heather." she said. I smiled wide and hugged her. She laughed. "Happy birthday Heather." she smiled.