Chapter 40: The Final Battle Part 2!

Toklo's POV:
      "Toklo." Lusa commented. I cleared my thoughts and looked up. One of my best friends stood in front of me, only a few feet away. There were a pile of herbs at her paws. "Lusa!" I exclaimed. I jumped off of Hattack's lifeless body and ran to her nudging her. I'm not an affectionate guy, but I make an exception with my family. Since for once in my life, I have a real family who truly cares for me. "I'm happy to see you too." Lusa told him. I moved away from her. "Herbs? Ujurak kind of herbs?" I asked. "You know it." Lusa replied with a small smile. "I'm fine, I don't need any." I told her and she sighed as she rolled her eyes. "I know you, Toklo. You say that, but it's not true.... You can really get under my skin sometimes, but I love you." Lusa told me. "I love you too, Lusa, and I know you as well as you know me. You won't stop badgering me until I take some." I told her. "You are correct." Lusa agreed with a grin. I took a few and chewed them. They tasted fowl. But they always have. I've had to take a lot of the years. "Happy?" I asked. "Very." Lusa replied. "Of course." I commented. But I gave her a small smile. Lusa looked around. "Where's Kallik?" Lusa asked. My smile faded. "She's not here. I haven't heard from her." I replied. I could see tears forming in her eyes. "Does Salik have her? Could she.... Could she be hurt?" Lusa asked. I thought about it and shook my head. "No. Kallik is strong and tough. She has beaten Salik multiple times. He's no match for her." I replied. She breathed deeply and nodded. "Good. Good." Lusa commented. "Dad!" Nanuk's voice was heard. We both turned our heads and saw Nanuk running to her dad. Then she reunited with her brothers, cousin, and friends. Taqqiq wasn't far behind. He gave his mate, Shila, a nudge and then trotted over to us. "Where's Kallik?" Lusa asked. He looked at both of his, confused. "She's not here? She-She should have returned by now." Taqqiq replied. I looked over to Lusa and locked eyes with her. We both nodded and ran off.

Lusa's POV:
     Toklo was much faster then me. When we all first met, we were all alone and lost, but we were all also just cubs. Alone and lost in this strange, huge world. Kallik was alone the longest. Toklo met Ujurak, and then I ran into them, and then we met Kallik who had just had a reunion with her brother. Only it wasn't the reunion she had hoped for. Not to mention, she was in a strange world. She had never left the ice, until her mother died and brother was lost. I had never left the bear bowl, but at least I knew my family was alive and safe. Toklo and Kallik are older then Ujurak and myself. They have always been bigger and stronger, and especially fiercer. Kallik is good, she is. I just have to remember that. I have to hope for the best. I'm an optimist, and right now my friend needs me to be optimistic. I need to have hope. To believe in my friend. Kallik and Toklo can be hard headed, especially Toklo, and they're both natural born leaders. She knows what she's doing. My heart pounded in my chest. I ran through the woods and ran as fast as I could. "Toklo!" I called. He was getting further from me. It was getting harder to breathe. I was getting tired from running so long, and so far. "Come on, Lusa!" Toklo called back to me. I stopped. Breathing deeply. I looked around. There had to be a better way of getting around. I looked up and starred at the tree's. There was a better away. I'm a black bear. Tree's are my home. I climbed up one and began jumping tree to tree. I caught up with Toklo and instantly felt relieved. I can do this. I can find Kallik and save her.

Kallik's POV: 
       I was running. Not from Salik, even though that's what he thinks. I'm not afraid of him. I'm not running from anything. I'm running toward something. Lusa. Toklo. Friendship. It started with us, and Ujurak, and it will end with us. That much is clear. I thought about my dead friend. His message helped us know something was coming for us. That something turned out to be Salik. Who knew? I guess I can't be too surprised. He wanted revenge. I defeated him three times. Saved Taqqiq from his clutches twice. This will never end. He will always return. Until he kills me. He believes that's the only way he can behave animalistic. Because I keep stopping him and saving his victims. This won't end until I kill him, and I know it has to be him. I sighed as I ignored the pain in every limb, and just keeping running. Keeping Toklo and Lusa in the forefront of my mind will help me get through this.... To kill Salik. Can I really do that? Kill him? Would that make me as bad as him? But he will never stop, and I have to protect my family. At any cost. But I'm not Toklo. I can't kill another bear, even if they attacked first, and be able to sleep find afterwards. But I'm not Lusa either. I can't let him live, and risk my own fur to save his life after he tried so hard to end mine. 
        I screamed in pain. I felt claws in my back. I rolled him off my back and looked at Salik in his vile eyes. I could feel my white fur matted with red blood. I could smell the foul stench. I raised my paw and and stabbed my claws into his stomach. He yelled. His claws landed on my legs and I bit my tongue. He stood up and pushed me on my back, getting on top of me. He bit down and bit my ear. I clawed at his face, forcing him to let go of my ear. I looked up at the sky and I saw Ujurak. Watching over me. He was worried, but he still believed in me. He smiled and nodded his head. I nodded mine back at him. Salik was about to stab me again when I stabbed my claws into his neck. I pulled a chunk of skin with me. Blood gushed out of it and on me. I watched as the light left Salik's eyes from the blood loss. He fell on me and I groaned as I pushed him off. I laid there for a moment, catching my breath. Letting the shock run off of me. I sighed as I slowly stood up. I looked at my enemies lifeless body. I killed him. But I also saved countless bears. My family included. I looked up and Ujurak was no longer in the sky, but I also know that he's still watching me. Like he always is. I could barely feel anything. Everything hurt. But I can't stay here any longer. I ran, ignoring the pain and tears streaming down my face. I heard my name being called. By Toklo and Lusa. I stopped once my eyes landed on Toklo. Then Lusa jumped from the nearby tree and landed next to him. I blinked a couple of times as I felt my legs give out under me. My head landed on the ground and everything went black.