Chapter 3: Toklo!

Toklo's POV:
      I walked through the forest, tracking a rabbit smell. I finally found ot hopping around followed by a second one. I smirked, two plump rabbits will be perfect for my mate and daughter. I stalked closer and swung them both with my sharp claws. One of them died right away, but the other one was still alive, and limping away with blood on it. I swung my claws at it and killed it with a final fatal blow. I pick them both up with my mouth and walked back to Aiyanna and Oka. I put them down and watched as they both smiled. "This is lovely, thank you." Aiyanna commented. "No problem." I told her. "This looks delicious!" Oka exclaimed as she jumped up and down. Aiyanna and I laughed as we watched her tear a big mouthful off one of the rabbits. Aiyanna and I then enjoyed the small feast as well.
     I was laying down under a shady tree. It has been so hot out lately. Looked around at my territory. I am so happy this is mine now. This was the territory I grew up in. But my mom, brother, and I were chased out by a mean bear that I later found out was my father. I finally chased him off and made this mine and Aiyanna's. We have been happy ever since. Not long after that, Aiyanna found out she was pregnant with Oka. We named her after my mom, who has been dead for a while. If we had a son, we would have named him Tobi, after my brother, but we only ever had Oka, and I'm fine with that. Aiyanna and Oka are all I need. Well, and my friends. Kallik, Lusa, and Yokane. But Ujurak will always be with us in spirit. He has always heen there for us, before and after he died. He died to save me, Lusa, and Kallik, and has been helping us ever since. He would appear in dreams to warn us or show up in other animals to guide us, since he could shape shift when he was alive.
      I shook myself out of my thoughts when Aiyanna walked over to me. "I'm taking Oka to learn how to fish." Aiyanna told me. "Sounds like fun." I commented. "Do you want to come with us?" Aiyanna asked and I shook my head. "I was up early, and I would prefer to stay here and take a nap." I replied and she nodded. "Okay." Aiyanna agreed. She nuzzled me and then walked away and I watched Oka follow her. I looked around at the forest. My territory. This is the life. I laid down and closed my eyes, feeling myself fall asleep.
     I opened my eyes when Oka ran to me and dropped a fish at my paws. "I caught a fish!" Oka exclaimed and I laughed. "It took a few tries, but she finally got the hand of it." Aiyanna told me. "Happy to hear." I commented. "Do you want some?" Oka asked. "I'm still full from the rabbits, you take it." I replied and her eyes gleamed as she grinned. "Really?" Oka asked. "Really." Aiyanna replied. "Thank you." Oka commented. Oka grinned as she took her catch a few feet away and started wating it. "Oka is eating, do you want to take a swim?" Aiyanna asked and I smiled. "I would love to." I replied. The two of us walked side by side to the river.
    Aiyanna splashed water at me and I laughed as I splashed some water at her. Aiyanna looked up at the sky. "It's night fall already?" Aiyanna asked and I looked as well. "Apparently." I replied. We heard a noise and looked over to Oka as she ran and jumped in the water, splashing us both with tons of water, and causing us to laugh. "It's time for bed, little one." Aiyanna told her as she helped her out of the water and then followed. I got out after them and we walked to our den. I let Oka and Aiyanna in first and then walked in and we all laid down.
     I opened my eyes and saw Oka and Aiyanna were up out of the den already. I slowly stood up and walked out into the brightness of the sun. I saw Aiyanna chasing Oka and I smiled. Aiyanna stopped and breathed heavily. I laughed as I walked up to her. "Not as young and graceful as you once were?" I asked and she shook her head. "Nope." Aiyanna replied. "Mom! Come chase me some more!" Oka called and she sighed as I laughed. "In a little bit!" Aiyanna called back. "Okay." Oka agreed. Oka ran off and started playing as I watched her with a frown. I noticed Aiyanna look at me out of the corner of my eye. "What's wrong, Toklo?" Aiyanna asked and I sighed. "She doesn't have anyone to play with, and she can't always depend on us. She doesn't have any friends or siblings to play with." I replied. "She is a bit of a loner." Aiyanna agreed. "I don't want her to be like me as a cub." I told her. "Oh, come on. I'm sure you weren't that bad." Aiyanna commented and I sighed. "I was a loner and mean. When I first met Ujurak and Lusa, all I wanted to do was get rid of them." I told her. "And Kallik?" Aiyanna asked. "By then, I was use to the accompany and accepted her." I replied. "I'm sure it will be okay." Aiyanna told me before I watched her walk away.
      I watched Oka swimming in the river with Aiyanna. Aiyanna was just relaxing in the coolness of the water while Oka splashed around and had a good time. Oka never slows down a mb d too hyperactive. She might be a loner and sometimes aggressive nature from me, but she gets her hyperactive and carefree nature ftom her mother. I smiled as I watched them. I walked over and got into the cool water in this scorching heat. I swam next to Aiyanna and relaxed.