Chapter 9: Travelling Part 4!

Lusa's POV:
     Nightfall was here and we knew that we had to make a den for the night. Yesterday, we had managed to get past the flat faces without being seen. We were far away from that area and haven't seen any flat faces, firebeasts, firesticks, and black paths. I was feeling a lot better. Ashia was on Miki's back and Yogi was on my back. They were really tired from our long trip. "We should camp for the night." Miki suggested. "I'll get the berries." I agreed. "And I'll get the den ready." Miki added. I slowly put Yogi down and Miki slowly put Ashia down. Miki started on the makeshift den and I walked away to find food. I looked around a while and didn't find any berries or honey. I don't think there are any in tis area. I might have to hunt prey for us to eat. I started smelling the area and I caught the scent of deer. I smiled as I started following the scent. I finally found the deer and started stalking it. I was watching it. I'm not exactly sure what its doing. Just standing around. Maybe its stalking its own prey, I don't know. The deer turned around, facing its back at me. I got my claws ready and ran up to it. I dug my claws into it as it screeched in pain. I sliced its throat, and watched as it went limp and his eyes rolled in the back of his head. I grabbed it in my mouth and started dragging it back to my family. "I've never seen one of those up close. What is it called?" Miki asked. "A deer. I've had lots of these. They're not as good as berries, but they're edible." I replied. Yogi took a bite. "That's delicious!" Yogi exclaimed. "You like it?" I asked as Ashia took a bite. "Love it." I replied and Ashia shrugged. "I prefer berries." Ashia commented and I nodded. "Me too." I agreed. Miki took a bite and smiled. "Not bad." Miki commented.
      I felt someone nudging me and opened my eyes to see Yogi and Ashia standing over me. I stood up and followed them out of the makeshift den as the sun beamed on my fur. "Where's your father?" I asked. "Hunting." Ashia replied. "I want more deer." Yogi commented and I laughed. "Deer's aren't easy to hunt, but I'm sure your father is bringing one back as we speak." I told him. I saw as Miki walked over to us. He was tired and came back without any prey. "Is everything alright?" I asked. "The deer outran me." Miki replied. "I'll find something, Miki." I told him and he nodded. I walked out and stopped to try and catch a scent. I finally caught the scent of a hare and smiled as I followed the scent. I finally found a hare hoping around and I slowly stalked it. I jumped at it and killed it with one final blow. I picked it up in my mouth and walked back to my family. "That's a hare, right?" Miki asked. I placed itnin front of everyone. "Yep." I replied. "How did you catch it so fast?" Miki asked. Ashia anf Yogi both took a bite from the hare. "Every animal is different, and you have to have different tactics in hunting them. Deer's you need to be more stealthy and hare's you need to be faster." I replied and he nodded. We both took a bite and the four of us finished the hare in no time.
     We stopped walking as we looked around. There were too paths, they both lead the same way in the end. But we have to decide which one is the better route. One path led to flat faces and the other led to wolves. But after we cross one path, it's not far from that to get to Great Bear Lake. "You've dealt with flat faces and wolves. Which one do you think we should take?" Miki asked. "Flat faces are easier, trust me." I replied and he nodded. "Then let's go." Miki agreed. We started walking down the path that led to flat faces. "Be careful. Flat faces are easier then wolves, but they're still tricky creatures." I told them. "Are flat faces really that terrible?" Ashia asked. "Some, not all." I replied. "Will we ever meet any?" Yogi asked. "Not if your mother and I can stop it." Miki replied. The sun was still high in the air. The Longest Day's really getting closer. But we should get to the Great Bear Lake by sometime tomorrow. We'll get past the flat face territory and then we'll probably set up camp and travel the rest of the way tomorrow. We'll get there by nightfall, at least. "It's hot." Ashia commented. "I know, sweetheart. But we'll be at Great Bear Lake soon and we'll be in the shade of the tree's." I told her.
       We were passing flat face territory. We hid in the tree's so they wouldn't see us. They were walking in and out of their den. I can't see any firesticks. So they are either in the dens or these flat faces don't have any at all, which would be great. There was only one firebeast, and there was a black path in front of the den. There were two grown flat faces and three cubs. "They look friendly." Yogi commented. "Of course they're not friendly, they've hurt mom and her friends in the past." Ashia commented. "Shh. We have to be quiet, we don't want them to hear us." Miki told them and they sighed.
      I opened my eyes and saw Miki standing over me. "I managed to find some berries." Miki told me and I smiled as we walked out of the makeshift den. "That's great." I commented. I looked down and saw Yogi and Ashia were already eating their shares. "Dig in." Miki commented. "Don't mind if I do." I agreed. We both began eating the berries until they were all gone. "I've missed berries." Ashia commented. "Well, now I miss deer and hare." Yogi commented. "We're almost there, we should get a move on." I suggested. "Good idea." Miki agreed. We all stood up and began walking. It's still really hot, but we're almost there. The shady tree's will be helpful in this heat. We kept walking, which felt like a really long time, until we finally reached a bunch of tree's. Miki and I looked at one another with smiles. "We're here. We're at Great Bear Lake." I commented. We kept walking and we were in the black bear territory. We saw bears we already knew. We greeted our old friends and talked about our lives. "Hi, Lusa." Ossi greeted. I smiled at him and his mate. "Hi, Ossi." I greeted.