Chapter 6: Traveling Part 1!

Kallik's POV:
     I opened my eyes and looked up at the sky. Yokane and my cubs are still fast asleep. I looked over and saw Illa walking over to me. "We're getting ready to leave to Great Bear Lake." Illa told me. I stood up and stretched. "I'll get Yokane and the cubs up." I told her. "Good. I'm going off with Unalaq to find food for us all to eat before we leave." Illa told me. "Who's going this Sun Circle?" I asked. "Me, Kissimi, Tunerq, Unalaq, and you guys." Illa replied. "Can you travel while pregnant?" I asked. "It's still early, and Tunerq will be by my side the entire time." Illa replied. "We'll meet you soon." I told her and she nodded. "Okay, see you then." Illa agreed and she walked over to a seal hole.
     I nuzzled Yokane, trying to wake him up. He looked up at me and I smiled down at him. "Morning already?" Yokane asked. "Yes." I replied. He sighed as he stood up. He looked around and noticed that it seems busier then normal. "What's going on?" Yokane asked. "Everyone is preparing for the travel to Great Bear Lake." I replied. "I didn't realize that was today." Yokane commented and I laughed. "Me either." I agreed. We should get ready." Yokane suggested. "Illa, Tunerq, and Unalaq are already hunting." I told him. "Then lets get the cubs awake." Yokane suggested and I nodded. We both started waking the cubs. "I'm going to help them hunt." I told him. "I'm going to take them to the ocean and get ready for the travel." Yokane told me. Yokane took the cubs away as I walked up to Illa.
    We ate the seals and fish until we were full. "Let's get moving." Illa commented. We all started walking with Illa, Tunerq, and Kissimi in the front. Unalaq was in the back, behind me, Yokane, and our cubs. I watched Nanuk as she ran up to Kissimi. I smiled as they talked next to Illa, more like whispering. They are always whispering, but we never do anything about it. We know it's nothing bad or serious. They'll come to us if it was. They laughed and I looked over at my other cubs. Chulyin and Suka were talking as they walked on the other side of Yokane. Then I looked at Ujurak, he was walking right in front of me. He was more of a loner then the other cubs. He didn't have a cub he was really close to, not his siblings and there aren't many cubs on Star Island, but the cubs that are here, he wasn't close to. Yokane nudged me and I looked over at him. "Is everything okay?" Yokane asked. "It will. I'm just hoping Ujurak can meet a cub to hang out with there." I replied and he smiled. "I'm sure he will." Yokane told me. "When I was a cub, the only other cub I was close to was Taqqiq. We were so close and happy. Then my mom died, and we were separated. He ended up in the wrong crowd, but at least he wasn't alone. I was alone for many, many, many, many moons. All alone. I did meet Nanuk and have a little company, but I watched her die, just like I watched my mom die.... I became distant to most bears I met after that. I thought I would be alone forever, I didn't even think I would find Taqqiq or have a family of my own. But then on The Longest Day, I found Taqqiq, but he changed. That's when I met Toklo, Lusa, and Ujurak. The four of us worked together to save Miki from Taqqiq's friends, and I also helped Taqqiq realize what Silak was really doing. For the first time in a long time, I wasn't alone anymore. It was different, being around other bears, and Taqqiq left because I wanted to be around. Because I liked them, and they soon became my family. I don't want Ujurak to feel alone like I did." I explained. "If there is one thing I noticed, you and Toklo are a lot alike." Yokane told me and I smiled.
     I opened my eyes and saw the other bears still sleeping. I got up and decided to hunt. We went quite along away last night, we are far from Star Island. I might be able to find some fish at a lake, but there is no way I'll find a seal around here. I walked into the forest, I had decided to hunt a land animal. I picked up a scent. Is that what I think it is? A Musk Ox? Here? Where are we? I remember when Toklo and I had to hunt them together because they were so big. Then Toklo, Lusa, Ujurak, and I hunted them together on our way to Star Island. I also remember teaching the bears there how to hunt them in groups, when the seals were poisioned and making bears sick. That's how Kissimi's mom died.
      I heard a noise and turned to see Tunerq. "Are the others still asleep?" I asked. "Yeah." Tunerq replied. "Good." I commented. "I came out to hunt." Tunerq told me. "So did I." I told him. "Find any scents?" Tunerq asked. "Yeah, Musk Ox." I replied. He looked surprised, so was I. "Really?" Tunerq asked. "Yes." I replied. "You're not thinking anout hunting it, are you?" Tunerq asked. "Of course. Me and my friends hunted them twice before we taught you, and the first time it was just me and Toklo. Two bears are enough for this. But I need you." I replied. There was a moment of silence. "Okay." Tunerq agreed and I smiled.
     We finally found them and we went our separate ways. I was hiding behind a big bush. I peeked over it and saw Tunerq approching the Musk Ox. Tunerq growled and the Musk Ox ran, but ran the wrong way. Tunerq ran and skidded to a halt once he ran in front of it. He growled as the Musk Ox turned the other way and ran toward me. I heard the noise grow louder, meaning it was closer to me. I got ready to attack. The Musk Ox finally reached me and I jumped on it, digging my claws into it. It rolled over to its side and Tunerq ran to me and stabbed it in the throat with his claws. I watched as it went limp, now dead. "Wanna help me bring this back to the others?" I asked. "We didn't kill it to leave it here." Tunerq replied and I laughed. "Good point." I agreed. We both grabbed it in our mouths and dragged it with all our might. These things are big, so it takes a lot of energy to attack or to move. We finally reached our temporary dens and saw that everyone was awake, probably waiting for us. We stopped and everyone were surprised. "You caught a Musk Ox?" Yokane asked. "Yep." I replied. "You say that like it's an everyday thing." Unalaq commented and I smiled. "It use to be." I told him.