Chapter 13: Catching Up Part 2!

Miki's POV:
    I walked up to Lusa and her friends. "Hey." I greeted. "Hey." Toklo and Kallik greeted in unison. "How's Chula?" Lusa asked and I sighed. "Apparently Ossi was badly wounded when Maverick died." I replied and she gasped. "Seriously?" Lusa asked. "Yeah, and he's still wounded from it." I replied. "That's terrible." Lusa commented. "How are you guys?" I asked as I looked at her friends. "Great." Kallik replied. "Same." Toklo agreed. I looked over at our cubs and smiled. I see four tiny white bears, but I thought Kallik only had two cubs. "Did you have more cubs?" I asked her. "Yeah, that's Ujurak and little Nanuk." Kallik replied and I smiled. When I first met Lusa, I was kidnapped by Kallik's brother and his friends, even though Taqqiq has turned over a new leaf. Salik is still a jerk, though. Lusa teamed up with Toklo, Kallik, and Ujurak to save me. I think it's sweet that Kallik named her son Ujurak. "I'm going back to Chula and Ossi. I'll see you later, Lusa." I told her. "Okay, have fun." Lusa agreed. I smiled at her and walked back to my best friend. "Do you want to find some berries with me?" I asked and she smiled. "I would love to." Chula replied. "Great." I commented and she turned to face her brother. "Ossi, could you watch my cubs?" Chula asked. "Of course." I replied. Chula and I walked to the best berry bush and started picking several for our families.

Aiyanna's POV:
     A female brown bear walked up to me and smiled. "Hi there." The bear greeted and I smiled at her. "Hi." I greeted. "My name's Aylen." Aylen introduced. "I'm Aiyanna." I replied. "Do you have a mate or cubs?" Aylen asked. "Yes. My mate is Toklo and we have a daughter, named Oka. We named her after Toklo's dead mom." I replied. "That's nice." Aylen commented. "How about you?" I asked. "My mate is the one over there, playing with the male cub. His name is Mateo, and our cubs name is Kenji. Then that is my brother, playing with the two female cubs. His name is Fochik, and his cubs names are Blythe and Jacintha. His mate, Juniper, was sadly killed by flat faces not too long ago." Aylen replied. "That's awful." I commented. "I know." Aylen agreed. "Is this your first time at Great Bear Lake for The Longest Day?" I asked. "It is, actually." Aylen replied. "This is my third time." I told her. "Is there anything I should know?" Aylen asked. "Well, three Sun Circle's ago we all agreed that the only way to survive was for all bears to be civial with each other. But most bears still don't like other bears." I replied. "Where is your mate and cub?" Aylen asked. "In the black bear territory." I replied. "Your mate is a black bear?" Aylen asked. "No, his best friends are a black bear and a white bear." I replied. "Really?" Aylen asked and I nodded. "Yeah. They all met when they were cubs and traveled the world together, along with another brown bear." I replied. "World travel? That's amazing." Aylen commented and I nodded. "Yeah." I agreed.

Yokane's POV:
   I finished eating some fish and looked up to see Unalaq talking to Tunerq. I sighed. Unalaq and I have never fought, not like this at least. Illa walked up to me and sat across from me. "Are you okay?" Illa asked. "Not really, but I'm guessing you know about my fight with Unalaq." I replied and she nodded. "Yeah, I saw the whole thing." Illa told me and I sighed. "I'll be okay, Illa."  I told her. I stood up and stretched and Illa stood up as well. "Kissimi misses Nanuk already." Illa told me and I laughed. "I was going to go see Kallik, and I can take Kissimi. If it's okay with you." I suggested. "I guess it'll be okay, I do trust Lusa and Toklo, especially since they saved all our lives along with Kallik and Ujurak." Illa agreed and I smiled. "Kissimi!" I called and he ran over to us. "I'm here." Kissimi told us, causing Illa and I to laugh. "Do you want to see Nanuk?" I asked. "Yes!" Kissimi replied. "Follow me." I told her and we walked away.

Lusa's POV:
    Kallik, Toklo, and I were having fun as we talked, caught up, joked, and laughed. I really missed this. "Remember the time we jumped on the back of a firesnake." I commented and we all laughed. "Feels so long ago." Kallik commented. "I remember all the times Ujurak shapeshifted, whether he did it for fun or to help us." Toklo commented. "I still remember he taught me how to look for signs and what herbs to use for different sicknesses." I told them. "He saved our lives so many times." Toklo commented. "And will always be in our hearts." Kallik added. "I think we were all kidnapped by flat faces or firebeasts at one point or another." I commented and we all laughed. "We were attacked by flat faces, wolves, and more. Including a bear trap." Toklo commented. "Yokane is doing a lot better from that, he doesn't even feel it anymore." Kallik told us and we all smiled. I looked over at Toklo and took a deep breathe. "Have you seen Chogan since you chased him out of his territory?" I asked and he sighed. "No, and I don't want to." Toklo replied. "Good riddance, you deserve better." Kallik told him and he smiled. "Thanks, Kallik." Toklo commented. "He killed a bear." I told him. "That doesn't surprise me, how do you know?" Toklo asked and I sighed. "Chula told me. Chogan killed her mate, Maverick, and almost killed her brother, Ossi." I replied. They met Chula and Ossi before, but I don't think they met Maverick. "That's awful." Kallik commented and I nodded. "I know, I only met him once but he was really sweet." I agreed. Toklo sighed as he looked down. "Proof that some bears never learn." Toklo commented. Kallik and I sighed as we nuzzed him in comfort.

Toklo's POV:
      I can't believe this. My father is a truly horrible bear. "Are you okay?" Kallik asked. "Yeah, I'm just glad I didn't get to know him, or turn into him." I replied. "You're nothing like him." Lusa told me and I smiled. "Thanks, Lusa." I commented. A small white bear ran up to Nanuk and jumped on her. They fell over as they both laughed. "Kissimi, what are you doing here? Does your aunt know your here?" I asked. "Yeah, Illa said I can bring Kissimi here to see Nanuk." Yokane replied as he walked up and Kallik smiled as she stood up and they nuzzed their flanks together. "I just wanted to see you guys, see how you guys are." Yokane told us as Kallik sat back down. "We're doing pretty good." I told him. "Sit down, talk." Lusa told him. "Are you sure?" Yokane asked. "Of course, Yokane. Your our friend too." Lusa replied and Yokane smiled as he sat down. "Yokane, are you okay?" Kallik asked and he sighed. "Unalaq and I had a fight." Yokane replied. "Isn't he your brother?" I asked. "Yeah." Yokane replied. "You guys never fight." Kallik told him. "But we're not as close as we use to be." Yokane told her. "You should try and make it better." I told him and he sighed. "I don't know, Unalaq's too stubborn." Yokane commented. "So was I. I had a little brother, Tobi. He was sick and my mom always ignored me to take care of him. His death is why she abandoned me. I spent so much time hating him because I felt alone and neglected. But now I miss him and wish I could talk to him again. You should make up with your brother before it's too late." I explained and he smiled. "Thank you, Toklo. I'll go talk to him now." Yokane told us as he stood up and walked away.

Kallik's POV:
     "It seems like we're all happy, with our mates and cubs." Lusa commented. Toklo and I grinned. "It took so long to get to this place, for all of us. We have been through a lot of things while we traveled." Toklo commented. "Just as much of good as bad." Lusa added. "The worst one was Ujurak's death, but the best one was our friendship." I told them and they both nodded. "I think we all feel the same about that." Lusa agree. We watched our cubs play. Nanuk was chasing Kissimi. Yogi and Ashia wrestled. Chulyin and Suka splashed each other in the nearby lake. Oka and Ujurak were both asleep. "Do you remember when we were their age?" I asked and we all smiled. "Like it was yesterday." Lusa replied. "We all had similar experiences as cubs." I commented. "You two, mostly." Lusa told us. "But we all felt alone." I commented. "I felt alone. My mom worried about Tobi as he was dying. Then she abandoned me, and then I met Ujurak." Toklo commented. "I was pretty happy for a while, but I always wanted to see what was beyond the Bear Bowl. I finally escaped to find you and give you the message from your mom." Lusa commented and Toklo laughed. "I was pretty content with my mom and brother. But then the Orca attacked us and my mom managed to save me and died, causing me to get separate from Taqqiq. Then I was alone. All alone. I did meet Nanuk when we were captured on that flying bird, but she died when we were crashed. All to search for Taqqiq, and I found you guys." I commented. "All our lives took such a turn." Toklo told us. "We've earned what we have now." Lusa told us. "I'm just glad we all have the families we always wanted, but were deprived of." I told them and we all smiled.