Chapter 21: Star Bear!

Lusa's POV:
     I opened my eyes and saw Miki still asleep. His eyes fluttered open after mine. He smiled up at him and I smiled back. I walked out of our den as I heard Miki following. I saw Ashia and Yogi walking over to us. They were probably playing and having a fun morning. "How was your morning?" Miki asked. "Great, we had a lot of fun." Ashia replied with a smile. "That's good." I commented. "I'm hungry." Yogi told us. "I'll go get some berries." Miki told us. "May I come with you?" Yogi asked. "Of course." Miki replied. The two if them walked away as I sat down and Ashia sat across from me. "How was your sleep?" Ashia asked and I smiled. It was good." I replied. "You were asleep for a while." Ashia commented and I laughed. "I was tired after the long walk. It's been a while since I traveled so far. It use to be like second nature to me, but now we only travel every Sun Circle." I explained. "Do you miss your traveling days?" Ashia asked and I sighed as I put my head down. I stayed like that for a moment, and then looked back up. "Sometimes, Ashia. But it was so dangerous and hard at times, but it could also be fun, and I do miss not seeing my friends everyday. They became my family. But I am so happy to have this new family. I love your father so much, and you and your brother. I don't regret a thing. Not my traveling days and not settling down." I replied and she smiled. "I love you too, mom." Ashia agreed.

Toklo's POV:
     I walked out of our den. Aiyanna was already gone, and I didn't see her anywhere. She must have went to get food, I'm guessing. I looked around for Oka, and I finally saw her in the water, probably cooling herself off. It is a very hot day. It felt like the sun was burning my fur off. Oka looked up at me and our eyes locked. She ran over to me with a smile. "You're awake!" Oka exclaimed and I smiled. "I am." I agreed. "Do you want to play?" Oka asked. "After we eat." I replied and she nodded. "Okay, daddy." Oka agreed. I heard footsteps and tirned around, watching Ashia walking over. She was carrying a rabbit. A plump and delicious smelling rabbit. She put it down by our paws. "Dig in." Aiyanna commented. "My pleasure." I agreed as I sat down. Aiyanna laughed as her and Oka sat down. Oka tore off a piece first, abd then Aiyanna. Then I took of a big chuck, chewing and swallowing the delicious rabbit. I love rabbits, they're not my favorite. Close, though. I was always fond of Caribou. They're hard to catch, but so good to eat. We finished it quickly and then Oka jumped up, ready to play. I'm not surprised, considering she doesn't really have anyone to play with. "Could we play now?" Oka asked. Aiyanna and I locked eyes as we both laughed. "Sure, I'll chase you around for a short time." I replied and she nodded. "Okay." Oka agreed. She ran off and Aiyanna smiled at me. "You better get out there." Aiyanna told me and I smiled back. "Yes, ma'am." I agreed jokingly and she laughed.

Kallik's POV:
      I opened my eyes and saw it was dark. Where was I? This isn't Great Bear Lake, I'm at Star Island. I'm at the exact place that Ujurak died. I felt my eyes water up with tears as I looked around. It looks like what it did when the avalanche hit, when Unurak died. I looked up, but didn't see Ujurak's star. I felt a pain in her heart, like when Ujurak first died. I loved him like a brother, we all did, and I lost so many people. Taqqiq, even though I got him back, my mom, Nanuk. I also lost Toklo, Lusa, and Yokane a few times. I haven't lost anyone in a really long time, and it's been so nice. But I miss them everyday. "Hey, Kallik." Ujurak greeted. I turned around and smiled at him. "Ujurak, I'm so happy to see you." I told him. "Me too, and I wish this was a social call." Ujurak told her and I sighed. This can't be good. "But it's not." I commented and he shook his head. "No.... Do you remember our last emcounter?" Ukurak asked. I looked down as I tried to remember. I do remember. It was not long before we travelled here. He was talking about a new threat. One who will be going after me personally. I looked up, locking eyes with him. "I do." I replied. "He's coming. Sooner then expected." Ujurak told me and my heart pounded. "He's almost here?" I asked and he nodded. "Yes." Ujurak replied. "Who is it?" I asked. "You'll find out soon enough." Ujurak replied and I sighed. "This is just great." I commented sarcastically. "You have to prepare for the worst. He's more visious then he has ever been before, and he's out for blood." Ujurak told me. "What do we do?" I asked. "You'll know. When the times right." Ujurak replied. He started fading away as my eyes filled with tears again. "I miss you." I told him. "I miss you too." Ujurak agreed. He disappeared and looked up at the sky, his star was there again. I smiled up at him as the star twinkled in the night sky.
    I opened my eyes and saw Yokane leaving the den. I stood up and walked out of the den, hurriedly. "Hey, are you okay?" Yokane asked and I sighed. "No, I'm not." I replied. He looks concerned for me, he always is. "What's wrong, Kallik?" Yokane asked. "It's Ujurak. He visited me, something bad is coming. For me and our friends, I have to warn them." I told him and he nodded. "Of course, I'll watch the kids. You go." Yokane told me. "Thanks, Yokane. I love you." I told him. "I love you too." Yokane agreed. I gave him a quick kiss and ran off.