Chapter 10: Travelling Part 5!

Toklo's POV:
     Aiyanna and Oka were asleep in the makeshift den early in the morning when I woke up and left to hunt. I caught a scent and started stalking a deer. It was by itself and was facing toward me, but didn't see me. I made sure I hid myself and that I stayed extremely quiet. One noise and the deer will run away, some deers can run pretty fast. I've caught some deer who were running before, but that was when I had my friends and we were all able to psych it out kill it together. But I don't have my friends. My mate and daughter are asleep and I just have myself to hunt this thing. So I can't make any rookie mistakes, but I'm far from a rookie. The deer looked up and I jumped out of my hiding spot and clawd its throat. It fell, and his chest stopped moving. I smiled as I grabbed it and started dragging it.
     I reached Aiyanna and Oka and saw that they were already awake. I placed it in front of my feet and we all sat around it. "That looks great." Aiyanna commented. "Yay! I love deer!" Oka exclaimed and Aiyanna and I laughed. Oka took a big bite and then so did Aiyanna and myself. We ate it pretty fast and got ready to move on. We were walking, we had left the wolf territory a couple days ago. So we don't have to worry about getting attacked by wolves. I've fought off wolves before but I was with Kallik and Lusa. I also had Ujurak or Yokane. If Ujurak was here, he could just shape shift into a wolf and lead them away. He's done that before as other visious animals. He was so many different animals, it's so hard to keep track. I think he was an Orca once, which really scared Kallik because she watched her mom be murdered by an Orca. Ujurak was always able to save us, but we couldn't save him in the end. I sighed and shook those thoughts out of my head. I looked over at Aiyanna and Oka and I smiled. I'm just so happy I have them, and I will always protect them. Just like I've protected Kallik and Lusa. Kallik doesn't need protecting, sge's as strong and as stubborn as I am. Lusa can take care of herself as well, but Kallik and I always worried about her because she was smaller and nicer then most bears in the world. Aiyanna playfully nudged me with a smirk and I laughed. "What are you thinking about?" Aiyanna asked and I shook my head. "Oh, nothing." I replied.
     I stopped walking, causing Aiyanna to stop as well. Oka kept walking and Aiyanna looked at her. "Stop, Oka!" Aiyanna called. Oka stopped walking and turned to look at her. "Okay, mom." Oka agreed. Aiyanna looked back at me as I looked out across the lake. "What's wrong, Toklo?" Aiyanna asked. "The only way to Great Bear Lake is through this lake." Toklo replied and Aiyanna sighed. "Another lake?" Aiyanna asked. "I'm afraid so." Toklo replied. "I'll go first and you can help Oka across afterwards." Aiyanna told me and I nodded. "Sounds good." I agreed as Oka walked over to us.
     Aiyanna took a deep breathe and walked into the lake. "Do we really have to cross another lake?" Oka asked. "Yes, Oka. It's the only way to the Great Bear Lake for The Longest Day." I replied and Oka sighed. "Fine." Oka agreed. "I'll be with you the entire way." I told her and she smiled up at me. "I know, dad." Oka agreed. "Good." I commented and she laughed. looked back over at Aiyanna and watched as she swam slowly across. She didn't want to go too fast or too slow, she was being very careful. "Mommy can do this, right?" Oka asked and I smiled down at her. "Of course she can, your mom is strong and fierce. She can do anything." I replied and Oka grinned. "I want to be just like her and just like you when I grow up." Oka told me. I smiled as I looked back over to Ayanna in the lake. She was almost at the other end. Shs cougjed out some water and grabbed on to the other end and hurled herself out of the water. She laid down and smiled at me as I smiled back at her.
     I grabbed Oka by her scruff and walked into the freezing cold lake. The lake actually feels good, considering how hot it was. With the sun burning into my pelt. This was the refreshing coolness I needed. Aiyanna and Oka probably needed it too. I kicked my legs as I kept swimming across. Water splashed around. Hitting my face, and I made sure Oka wasn't in the water too much. Her face, at least. I kicked my legs harder and harder as the water splashed more and more. The water was freezing, and normally I would hate the freezing touch of the water to my fur, but with the heat of the sun and with the Longest Day getting closer, I love it. I finally reached the other end and placed Oka down as I sighed. Aiyanna smiled at me and helped me up as I heaved myself out of the lake. Aiyanna sighed as she laid down and Oka laid down next to her. "I need to rest." Aiyanna commented and I laughed as I sat down.
      We were all dry now, it didn't take long with the burning sun hitting us. We crossed the lake in the morning, and the three of us have been walking all day since then. After we rested, of course. The sun is slowly going down, but we don't want to stop and sleep because we're almost there. "I was hoping you wouldn't come this time around." A familiar voice came out of no where. I stopped walking and sighed. I turned around and saw that he was standing tgere, alone, again. "Alone again, I see. I'm not surprised you can't keep anyone around." I commented. He growled at me and pushed past me. I signalled for Aiyanna and Oka to stay put. Let him ho by first and then we can follow. "He's as lovely as ever." Aiyanna commented sarcastically and I laughed. The three of us kept walking until we finally reached the browm bear territory of Great Bear Lake.