Chapter 22: Something's Coming!

Yokane's POV:
    I watched as Kallik ran off. She seems really worried, and when she's worried, I'm worried. Who's coming? And why? It must be someone from their past. Like that half white bear, half brown bear that attacked three Sun Circle's ago. He was from their past. I wonder if I know this mysterious bear or whatever is coming. It if it was before or after he'd met them. This mysterious thing is most likely a bear, but they've encountered other enemies. But only a bear could find them and inact vengeance upon them. Who is it, and why does he or she want to hurt Kallik and her friends? What do they do? Or maybe it's a misunderstanding. Maybe they foiled their plans, a bad bear doing bad things. It could be countless reasons. I looked over and saw my four cubs. Chulyin and Suka were chasing one another while Nanuk was swimming with Kissimi. Ujurak was just relaxing by himself, as he usually does. He worries me sometimes. I looked up when I saw Illa walking toward me. "Hey, how's your pregnancy going?" I asked. "It's going great, Tunerq has been great." Illa replied and I gave her a small smile. "That's good." I commented. "Are you okay?" Illa asked and I sighed. "I don't know, we'll see." I replied.

Kallik's POV:
     I ran to the black bear territory as fast as I could. My heart was pounding. I could barely breathe. I had to warn my friends. We were in danger, again. If we're endanger, our families are as well. It was one thing when we were travelling and only had ourselves to worry about. Now we have our mates abd cubs. We can't put them in danger. We use to risk our lives to save one another all the time, and that is one thing that hasn't changed. Because any of us would risk our lives to save our mates or cubs, because we can't lose anyone else. We have all already lost so much, too much. It's made us strong, but we didn't deserve it. Any of it. Just because we can handle pain, doesn't mean we should have to. I ran through the trees as black bears I passed stopped and starred at me. After everything that happened two Sun Circle's ago, I figured they'd just accept any kind of bear. Same with white bears and brown bears. I skidded to a halt when I saw Miki with Ashia and Yogi, but I didn't see Lusa. "Where's Lusa?" I asked. "I'm right here." Lusa replied as she appeared from behind a bush. My heart slowed down and I took a deep breathe. "We need to talk." I told her and she frowned. "About what? What's going on?" Lusa asked. "It's bad, we have to get Toklo." I replied and she nodded. "Okay." Lusa agreed. I ran and heard her following me. Brown bears were starring, go figure.

Toklo's POV:
      I was letting Oka win for a little bit. I finally grabbed her and tackled her as she laughed. I rolled onto the ground and sighed, breathing heavily. "You okay?" Oka asked. "Yeah, just tired." I replied. The sun was burning my head and I looked away. There was a shadow over me and I looked up to see Aiyanna. "Had enough?" Aiyanna asked with a smirk. "Apparently so." I replied and she laughed. I stood up and smiled at her. "Dad." Oka commented. "Yes?" I asked as I looked down at her. "Your friends are here." Oka replied. I looked up and saw Lusa and Kallik running over to me from the black bear territory. I knew something was wrong. I know them, and I can tell. "Could you take Oka for a swim?" I asked my mate as I looked at her. "Of course." Ayanna she replied. I watched her and Oka had toward the water and then I turned back to see Lusa and Kallik sropping in front of me. Lusa had to breathe deeply, exhausted. Kallik seemed fine. "What's going on?" I asked. "I don't know. Kallik wanted to tell us together." Lusa replied. "That doesn't sound good." I commented. "It's not. Ujurak came to me in a dream, telling me someone bad was coming. He told me the same thing before I traveled here, but I forgot." Kallik told us. "He told me the same thing before the travel." I told them. "Me too." Lusa agreed. "Did he come to either of you last night?" Kallik asked and I shook my head. "No." Lusa replied and she sighed. "Ujurak told me that the one he really wants is me, but he will hurt the two of you. I have to keep my family safe." Kallik told us. "We all do." I agreed. "Who did he say it was?" Lusa asked. "He didn't, we'll know when the time is right. He said the same thing when I asked what we had to do." Kallik replied.

Lusa's POV:
      I looked over at Kallik. This was not good. A new threat. Who is it? What do we have to do? I love Ujurak, but maybe he can be a little less cryptic. Or maybe he really doesn't know. Maybe it's a feeling he gets when danger comes, a strong feeling, a feeling that's always right. I don't know how it works, but I don't need to. He always warns us when he needs to, and I know he will always be watching us. Just like he knows he'll always be in my heart, all of our hearts. I shook away the sad thought. We have to talk about the issue at hand. Whoever this mysterious threat is and what we're going to do about it. "Do we have a plan?" Toklo asked and Kallik sighed. "Not yet, butvwe'll figure it out. We should find out who he is soon." Kallik replied and we nodded. "What if he's too strong?" I asked. "He can't take all three of us." Toklo replied. "Toklo's right. We've always been able to outsmart and defeat our enemies, as long as we stay together." Kallik told us and we all smiled and hugged. We pulled apart and Kallik turned and looked at the white bears territory. I don't know what she saw, but whatever it was, it svared her. That can't be good. "What is it?" I asked. She turned back to us. "I know who the enemy is." Kallik replied. Toklo and I both widened our eyes. "Who?" Toklo asked. "Salik." Kallik replied. Toklo and I gasped. We turned and saw Taqqiq arguing with Salik, with his band of followers behind him. This cannot end well.