Chapter 14: Brothers!

Yokane's POV:
     I walked back to the white bears territory as Illa walked up to me. "Back so soon?" Illa asked. "Yeah, Toklo made me realize that I need to talk to Unalaq." I replied. "Is Kissimi still over there?" Illa asked. "Yes, Kallik's watching him." I replied and he nodded. "Okay." Illa agreed. I looked past Illa and saw Unalaq still talking to Tunerq. He's Illa's mate, so maybe he can get him away from Unalaq so I could talk to him. "Could you pull Tunerq away from Unalaq?" I asked and she nodded. "Sure thing, Yokane." Illa replied. "Thanks." I commented. Illa walked over to them. "Hey, Illa." Tunerq greeted. "You want to take a walk?" Illa asked. "I'd love to." Tunerq replied. They walked off and I took a deep breathe as I walked over to my brother. "Hey." I greeted. "Hi." Unalaq greeted. "Could we talk?" I asked and he shrugged. "I guess." Unalaq replied and we sat down.
    I'm not exactly sure what to say, I guess I'm just hoing to talk from my heart. "I know you don't like Kallik or our friends. You don't have to like our friends, because we only see them every Sun Circle. But Kallik lives with us on Star Island, you can't avoid her, and I want my cubs to get to know you, but you won't even try." I explained and he sighed. "I want to get to know your cubs too, I guess I'm just a bit jealous." Unalaq told me. "Jealous of what?" I asked. "Of your family. You have these friends your close to, a mate who loves you, cubs who adore you. You don't need me anymore." Unalaq replied. "I'll always need you, you're my brother." I told him and he smiled. "I love you, Yokane." Unalaq told me and I smiled. "I love you too, Unalaq." I told him and we hugged.

Toklo's POV:
     I walked back to my territory and smiled at Aiyanna. Oka ran up to her and hugged. "How was your time over there?" Aiyanna asked and Oka sighed. "Fine, I guess. I mostly just laid down and slept." Oka replied. "Well, go play with those cubs." Aiyanna told her as she motioned to a set up three cubs. "I think I'll just go play in the river." Oka told her and ran past her, into the freezing cold water. "Didn't play sith any of the cubs?" Aiyanna asked and I shook my head. "No, but Kallik had two new cubs and one of them was the same way." I replied. "At least it's not just Oka." Aiyanna commented. "Were you okay here?" I asked her and she smiled. "Yes, I met a nice bear who's also a mother." Aiyanna replied and I smiled. "That's good, I'm glad you're making friends." I told her. "Let's go take a dip in the lake." Aiyanna suggested. "I'd love to." I agreed and we walked into the water.

Lusa's POV:
     Miki came back with berries for our cubs and us as I grinned. "Did they leave already?" Miki asked and I nodded. "Yeah, but we'll have plenty of time to hang out before the Longest Day." I replied and he smiled. Ashia and Yogi were already scarfing down the berries and we laughed. We ate our portions as well and Miki laid down. "I'm going to get started on our den, we all could use a rest." I told him. "Do you want to help?" Miki asked and I shook my head. "You got food forcus, I've got this." I replied. I turned around and grabbed the things I need as I began building it. It didn't take that long, since this is only a temporary den, just until we go back to our territory. "It looks great." Miki told me as she walked up to me and I smiled. I looked past him and saw Chula making a den for her and her cubs as well. "How's Chula?" I asked and he sighed. "She's trying to be strong for her cubs, but I can tell she's struggling." Miki replied and I nodded. That only stands to reason. I don't know what I'd do if I lost Miki. I don't think I could be strong, I'd be broken. I love him so much, and I hope he knows that. We locked eyes and I smiled. "You know I love you, right?" I asked. "Always, and I love you." Miki replied.

Kallik's POV:
     We all decided to go back to our territories to get some much needed rest. We're going to hang out some more tomorrow. Probably later in the day, so we could spend the morning with our families in territories that are similar to our homes. Mine isn't, because my home is full of snow and ice. But there's plenty of cool and refreshing water in my territory, which is better then nothing. I walked up to the white bear territory with my cubs and Kissimi. Kissimi ran to Illa as my cubs ran to their father. I gasped when I saw Taqqiq. "Taqqiq!" I called. He turned around and smiled. "Kallik!" Taqqiq exclaimed as we ran to each other. "I've missed you so much." I told him. "I've missed you too." Taqqiq agreed. I noticed Shila with three female cubs, and I recognized which one was Nisa, which I met last Sun Circle. "You had two more cubs?" I asked and he nodded. "Yep, Asuka and Maisha." Taqqiq replied. "They're beautiful." I commented. "They take after their mother." Taqqiq agreed. "How are things back in the Melting Sea?" I asked. "Great. Everything's great." Taqqiq replied. "I'm glad." I commented. "And how about Star Island?" Taqqiq asked. "Just perfect." I replied. I looked past him and gasped when I saw a familiar brown bear. Ujurak? Taqqiq looked behind him and looked back at me. "What is it?" Taqqiq asked. I shook my head and sighed. "Nothing." I replied. "Are you sure?" Taqqiq asked. I waited a moment to answer. Ujurak doesn't just come yo visit, as much as I would love to. Something's wrong. I looked back at where I had seen Ujurak, and saw Silak. I never liked that bear, and he's never liked me. I sighed as I looked back at my brother. "Yes." I replied. "Wanna take a swim?" Taqqiq asked with a smile and I laughed. "I'll race you." I replied. We both ran as fast we could into the water.