Chapter 36: Underwater!

Toklo's POV:
     Iqaluk had grabbed y leg and dragged me into the lake that was nearby. I was submerged into water. I'm not a fan of water. Swimming never came easy to me as the others. Lusa and Ujurak knew how to swim quite quickly. Kallik was born to swim, the joys of being a white bear, I suppose. I can swim now, but it can still be a bit of a struggle. It becomes even harder with this stupid bear holding onto my leg and dragging me down. I oved my paws, trying to swim. But Iqaluk was moving his paws to swim down. He's a white bear, so he is a better swimmer than me and can hold is breathe far longer than me as well. Which is something he expects. But I still believe I can outsmart him. It wouldn't be the first time I outsmarted another a bear. A flat face. A bunny. A fox. A wolf. So many enemies I outsmarted. We outsmarted. I stopped swimming upward and began swimming downward. I scratched Iqaluk's face and he let go of me as he screamed. No sound came out though, since we are underwater and all. Some of the water around us turned red, from his blood. Not too much, though. I didn't scratch him as deep as I could have on land. I'm not a white bear, I am not skilled and craft underwater. Which means I need to get out of here before Iqaluk's shock wears off. 
         I swam as fast as I could. I head to get on land, because that's where I have the upper hand. I'm best on land. Lusa's best on land and tree's. Kallik's best on ice and underwater. Iqaluk knew that. That's why he took me underwater. He wanted me to be out of my comfort zone. He knew it was his best chance at beating me, and so he took it. Perhaps he isn't as dumb as I made him out to be. My head emerged from the water and I gasped for air. I put my paws on land and dug my claws into the dirt as I pulled myself out. I sighed as I shook my fur. Trying to get as dry as I possibly could. Water droplets flew everywhere around me. I saw Lusa healing Manik, which doesn't surprise me. It is Lusa, after all. She probably hurt him more than she meant to and wanted to heal him to keep him from dying. I looked over at Kallik. Salik was still on top of her. She bit his ear and he screamed as he got off of her. I ran over to him him when water splashed on me. I looked over and saw Iqaluk emerge from the water. He heaved himself on land and swiped his paw at me. I growled and stood on my hind legs. I pounced on him and scratched his back a few different times. Leaving scratch marks with blood coming out. I sure am good at clawing deep. He rolled over and struggled to get back up. He was obviously in a lot of pain. Good. 

Nisa's POV: 
        Everyone was on edge. I can't even think properly. My dad is still gone and I'm worried sick about him. Same with my cousin. I looked over at my mom, Shila. She was in the water. It always calms her down. It does that for a lot of white bears. Either water or being in nice, cold, snow. But water is the only place for us at the moment. I sighed as I put my head in my paws. I heard footsteps approaching me. It's odd, hearing footsteps. You can't really do that on ice and snow. "Nisa." Suka commented. I looked up and saw my cousin, along with a black bear cub. I think that's Lusa's daughter. One of the son's of my dad's sister. "Hey." I greeted as I stood up. "You okay?" Suka asked. "No." I replied and he nodded. "I feel that." Suka agreed.  "Hi." Aisha greeted. "Oh, you never properly met. This is a new friend, Aisha. Lusa's daughter." Suka introduced. "Nice to meet you." I greeted. "You too." Aisha agreed. "Any word?" I asked. I could tell what the answer was by their faces. They both sighed as they frowned. They looked at one another and than back at me. "No." Suka replied and I sighed as I sat back down. Then my sister's, Asuka and Maisha, walked over to us. "How's mom?" I asked. "Upset and distraught." Maisha replied. "We'll talk to you later." Suka told me and I nodded. They walked away and I followed my sister's over to my mother. 

Ujurak's POV: 
        Suka and Aisha walked over to us. We had become a pretty close group. Me, Nanuk, Suka, Chuilyn, Oka, Aisha, and Yogi. Just like our parents. We were all worried. "We have to do something." Chuilyn told us. Mine and Suka eyes both widened. "No!" Suka and I exclaimed. Everyone looked at us, shocked and confused. "What do you mean?" Oka asked. "His idea's always get us into trouble." I replied. Kissimi ran toward us. "Any news on Nanuk?" Kissimi asked. The two of them have always been real close. "No." Yogi replied and he sighed. "It's taking too long. Oka walked away and I followed her. "You okay?" I asked and she sighed. "I don't know." Oka replied. "They'll be okay." I told her and she let out a breathe. "Yeah, I know." Oka agreed. There was a moment of silence. "I want to go on an adventure. When I'm older. Like my mom." I told her and she smiled. "Really?" Oka asked. "Yeah." I replied. "I want to as well." Oka agreed and we both smiled. 

Toklo's POV: 
         I was still fighting Iqauk. He scratched my neck and I growled as blood dripped. I pushed him on his back and pounced on him. I bit into his stomach, hard. He yelped in pain as my mouth filled with the tangy taste of blood. I ripped some of his stomach, as if I was tearing apart a deer. But it felt different. A bear's skin is thicker. Hard to tear off. I dropped his skin and sat there, as I watched him bleed out. Blood dripped from my mouth. Than someone pounced on me. He was on top of me. I couldn't see his face, but he had brown fur. Which is really odd. Salik wouldn't ask a brown bear's help and no brown bear would agree to help a white bear, for that matter. I finally saw his face and gasped. Hattack!