Chapter 35: Herbs!

Lusa's POV:
      Manik was badly injured. I know things, thanks to Ujurak. Before he died, he showed me things. Things to help us on own journey and in our lives once he passed. Because he most likely knew it was going to happen soon, and he was right. Ujurak taught it to me, because he knew I was the best for the job. That I cared enough and was patient enough to learn from him and be able to use it in the future. It took me awhile to see that. To see why he chose me.... He taught me how to see signs in little things to know which way to go, and most importantly how to find which herbs can heal certain wounds apart from the herbs that can kill you, and how to use them to save other bears. After Ujurak died, I used the knowledge he passed down to me everyday. To help my friends through journey. To help my mate and children through life. To keep Ujurak's memory and soul alive, within me. I have felt that burden every day since I watched him sacrifice himself in that avalanche to save us. To save us. It still hurt. Thinking about him. After all these years. Am I really worthy of all this sacred knowledge? Did he choose wrong? My eyes watered and my heart pounded as I watched Manik bleed out before my very eyes.
     I shook my head, clearing my thoughts. I ran over to a pile of herbs and starred at them for a moment. I smelled them. What if I choose the wrong one? Why am I doubting myself again? I haven't doubted myself since the wake of Ujurak's death. A tear rolled down my cheek. "Lusa." A familiar voice commented. I froze. That sounded like.... That sounded just like Ujurak. But it can't be. It's not like we haven't seen and hears from him since he died. We heard from him quite recently, he warned us about this big bad. About Salik. About everything. Because no matter what, he was still looking down at us. Watching us. Protecting us. Loving us. Through everything, he's still here. In our hearts. I looked up and saw Ujurak. Sort of. He was huge and coming from the sky. It was mostly his head. "Ujurak." I commented and he smiled down at me. "Hi, Lusa." Ujurak greeted. 

Yakone's POV:
     I was pacing as I watched my sons. I was with Miki and his kids and Aiyanna and her daughter. We were all worried about our mates. But I'm also worried about my daughter. She was kidnapped by this stupid bear. This bear that hates my mate. My Kallik. Blames her for his failures. He kidnapped our daughter. Her brother. What if he hurts her? She said she was worried about my. After getting injured by a bear trap years ago, I almost died. Than it was a long road to recovery. I pushed her away a couple sun circles ago, because I was afraid. I thought she deserved better than a damaged bear. But she told me that I was the one that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with, and she didn't care about the little things. She has been through so much. More than I could ever dream of going through. All three of them have, same with Ujurak. The guy my youngest son was named after. I didn't know him too well. He died not long after I met Kallik and the rest of them. I can't lose Kallik. She's the love of my life. She means the world to me. What if she gets hurt? I believe in her, and I know she is more than capable of taking care of herself, her friends, her brother, and our daughter. She's a natural born leader. She has the assertiveness and the soul to get people to want to follow her. But most importantly, she has the heart to make people believe in her cause, and in her. If anyone can do this, it's Kallik. 

Miki's POV: 
       I walked up to Yakone, and so did, Aiyanna. "Are you alright, Yakone?" Aiyanna asked and he sighed as he stopped pacing. "Yeah, no. I know Kallik can take care of herself, but it doesn't change how worried I a for her or my daughter." Yakone replied and I nodded. "I get that. Lusa has been through so much. I cannot even begin to understand, but I still worry about her well being in time's like this." I told them and they nodded. "We can all understand that." Aiyanna agreed. I looked around. The other bears don't like to see us associate with one another. Bears tend to keep to their type only. Black bears. Brown bears. White bears. We are a powerful force when together, but they insist on being enemies. I use to believe that too, especially when a group of white bears kidnapped me when I was only a cub. The head of that group is who we're dealing with now. Some white bears are evil. Some black bears are evil. Some brown bears are evil. But the majority are good, yet they all think the others are indeed evil, but they are mistaken. Lusa, Toklo, and Kallik want to bring all the bears together, and only they can do something of the sort. 

Lusa's POV: 
          "Why are you here?" Lusa asked. "To tell you that you are good enough. You always have been. You escaped from the Bear Bowl and joined the wild. No bear can say they did that. I knew you were the only one that could take up my mantle. I believe in you, Lusa. You're the only one that is willing to save a bear that had attacked her. You're truly amazing. Believe in yourself, you are a wild bear now. Remember that." Ujurak told me. He started fading away. "No! Ujurak!" I called. I let more tears fall down my cheeks and sighed as I looked back at all the herbs. I knew which ones to choose. Which ones were the right ones. He knew that I knew. I grabbed the ones I needed and ran back over to Manik. I began healing him and smiled as I watched it work its wonders. He will live.