Chapter 25: Taqqiq!

Taqqiq's POV:
      I watched my three girls. Asuka and Maisha were running and playing together. I looked over and saw Nisa was playing with her cousin, Nanuk, and Nanuk's friend, Kissimi. I'm glad Nisa's getting to know her cousin, and I wish they get to see each other more often. I miss hanging seeing Kallik and her cubs. I only get to see her every Sun Circle now. We've spent so much time apart, being seperated when we were cubs. I thought she had died with mom. Fog was in front of me, I couldn't see them, just heard them. Kallik, she saw our mothers death. Every gory detail, I didn't. I made bad choices, hung around bad bears because I was hurting and thought I was alone. But I wasn't. My sister was. Kallik was looking after me the whole time, even from miles away, she never gave up hope that she'd find me. She never gave up hope that she could save me either. She was always there for me, even if I didn't know that. She always protected me. She's my big sister, she loves me and I love her. We didn't get to be around each other as much as we should have, but then we had the choice but seperated again. Under different circumstances. I didn't wanr tobe around other bears and she did. I trust them a lot more then I did back then, though. I just wish I could see my sister more.
     I walked over to Shila. She had caught some fish and gathered the three girls. "Dig in." Shila commented amd I smiled. We let the cubs ta ku e off bites at first, and then we took our bites. It smelled delicious, and it tasted even better. I took off a nice, plump, and juicy piece. I chewed it and swallowed it. Yum. That was so good. We ate it pretty quickly. "Could we go play again?" Maisha asked. "Of course." Shila replied. They grinned and ran off to do what they were doing. I looked down as I starred off into space. I felt a nudge and turned to see Shila looking concerned. "Are you okay?" Shila asked and I sighed. "Just a lot on my mind." I replied. She walked closer to me. "It'll all work out, honey. It always does." Shila told me and I smiled at her. "I love you." I commented. "I love you too." Shila agreed. I gave her a quick kiss and walked away.

Yokane's POV:
      I walked over to Kallik, Lusa, and Toklo. "Hey, Yokane." Lusa greeted and I smiled at them. "Hey." I greeted. "Your foot seems healed." Toklo commented and I laughed. Very observant. "It's been healed for quite a while." I told him and he smiled. "Good to see you." Toklo commented. "You too." I agreed. I locked eyes with my mate and we both smiled. "Hi." Kallik greeted. "Hi." I greeted. We leaned in and kissed. "Awe." Lusa commented and I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." Kallik and I playfully commented in unison. "You guys are two pea's in a pod." Toklo commented. "I'd like to think so." Kallik told us and looked at me as I smiled shyly. "We miss you too, Yokane." Lusa told me and I smiled. "I miss you too." I agreed. "You wanna hang out with us?" Lusa asked. "Sure." I replied and they nodded. "Good. Just like old times." Toklo commented. After Ujurak died, I joined them because I had fallen for Kallik and she had fallen for me, and I became close to Lusa and Toklo too. I jouned them on their journey and got to see a glimpse of what their life was like before I had met them. "What now?" Kallik asked. "We could all just sit and talk." Toklo replied and we nodded. "I like that idea." I agreed and we all sat down.

Taqqiq's POV:
     If Kallik is right, Salik is planning something. Something big. All the whispering with him and his friends, who'll do whatever he says. Wait in a minute. Maybe that's the way in. Salik can't do this on his own. Manik and Iqaluk. If I can convince him to go against Salik, and better their future, then Salik can't do whatever he's planning. I watched them. Whispering. Plotting. I think Kallik's right, I think Salik is the big bad that Ujurak was warning them about. Kallik wouldn't want me to interfere, she would want to protect me. But they've done so many battles, if I can prevent this, then I will. No battle. No blood shed. I watched as Salik walked away. Once I made sure he was out of sight and out of hearing, I walked over to them. "What do you want, Taqqiq?" Iqaluk asked. "Just to talk." I replied. "Salik's not here right now, as you can tell." Iqaluk told me and I nodded. "I know." I agreed. "You wanted us, not him, didn't you?" Manik asked. "Yes." I replied and they eyed me suspiciously. "I'm listening." Manik commented. Iqaluk nudged Manik and Manik gave Iqaluk a sharp look. "You don't have to follow Salik." I told them and they chuckled. "Is that so?" Manik asked. "Yes." I replied. "Maybe we want to." Iqaluk suggested. "Maybe. Or maybe you guys can build a better future. Find your own territory. Your own food. A mate. Cubs. You can have a life. Salik doesn't care about you, he wouldn't care if you died to fill his needs. He's not a good guy, but you guys can be. It's all about choices. This is yoir choice, don't let him change who you want to be." I explained. They were silent. Is that a good sign? "Is that all?" Manik asked and I sighed. "Yeah, I'll give you time to think." I replied. I turned my back and walked away from them. Shila walked over to me, looking confused. "What was that about?" Shila asked and I sighed. "Nothing. We'll see." I replied and he nodded.