49. What to do Next

Zayn's POV

Waking up the next day, I noticed Jessie wasn't in my arms. Instead, it was the twins. She had invited herself into the small hospital bed with Lydia and Bentley.

I grinned, looking around groggily. The clock on the wall read six o'clock. No wonder they weren't up yet.

Jaden yawned and it slightly startled me, I looked down at him. He squirmed a bit before getting comfortable in my chest. My lips pressed to his head as well as Jada's before falling back asleep.

I jolted up when I felt loss of contact, my eyes wide and holding protectively to whichever twin I had in my arms.

"Zayn, it's just me." Jessie whispered, calming me a bit. She held Jaden in her arms, leaving Jada in mine. "Four.." She breathed, looking to Lydia and Bentley, "Four kids.."

"Five Maliks, one yet to join the crew."

"Jesus, are you gonna propose right now?!"

"No, I was just trying to be corny." She gave me a short glare, "Why did you get so defensive? You don't wanna get married one day?"

"No, of course I do! I just had this horrible dream.. You proposed while I was pregnant and then when it was time for the wedding, you left me at the altar, and then the stress triggered the labor-"

"That'd never happen, when I propose, it's because I'm willing to be with you forever. I've already made that oath but I just need to find the right timing."

"Timing is everything to me right now." Jessie sighed, "I need to get a new job, I can't have you doing all this work-"

"Jess, you don't need to.."

"Yes I do, it's not fair to you." I sighed.

"I was gonna tell you this later, but I don't want you under more stress than you should be." Jessie narrowed her eyebrows at me, "Remember the surprise I said I had?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, I've signed my name as co-manager for my Dad's barber shop. He's opened a hundred new shops in the last year and business is really taking off."

"So..."

"And I get forty-five percent of the proceeds, and since I've signed, we've gotten almost five-hundred thousand euros." She turned to me, eyes wide.

"Are you kidding?"

"No, and as business progresses, we'll be getting a new home!"

"Zayn, that's amazing!" She yell-whispered, sitting beside me.

"There's going to be a dinner for me next week that my dad is organizing. I wanted it to be a surprise."

"It still is. Oh my gosh, I wish I could jump around and be excited but the kids are all asleep!"

"Could we get a nurse to watch them?"

"I'm not talking about that type of excitement, Zayn." I chuckled, rubbing her arm.

"I know, but it could be. Just tell me whenever-"

"Whatever, Zayn." She laughed, pecking my temple.

"In fact, I have a few houses listed that you might like. All have five rooms, three bathrooms and very big backyards."

"Why five rooms if there's six of us?"

"Because we share a room, and when the twins are old enough, they'll need their own room."

"Oh yeah. Sorry, dumb moment.." She sighed, looking down at Jaden with a smile. "You're gonna finally meet your sister when she wakes up." Jessie spoke softly.