31. An Old Enemy Returns

Jessie's POV

Nicky had carried me to the apartment, I had grown so relaxed that I was tired.

"Jess, wake up."

"Why?"

"Someone's here." I looked up to see Harry, holding a crumpled up letter. I yawned as Nicky placed me on the ground.

"Have fun?"

"I went to a spa." I grinned, "It was very nice."

"Where are the kids?"

"At my mum's." He narrowed his eyebrows, "What?"

"Are you drunk?"

"No, I'm fine."

"I've never seen you so.. loose."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I've never seen you breathe like a regular person."

"Thank you, I guess."

"Well, maybe I should bring this letter some other time."

"That letter?"

"Yeah.. Zayn asked me to bring it to you."

"Why didn't he bring it to me himself?"

"You asked for space and he's respecting that." I sighed and took the letter out his hand. "You guys have an ok night."

"Ok night?"

"Don't want you guys having too much fun alone in this apartment." I glared at Harry as he walked past us. "Bye."

"Open the door." I grumbled.

"Do you-"

"Stop." I sighed, "Just open the door please." He sighed as he did so.

I went straight to his room, sitting on the window seat. I looked down at the letter in my hands.

To: my Jessica, is what it read on the front.

From: always your Zayn, is what it read below it.

I frowned, ripping at the opening.

"Jessica?" Nicky walked into the room.

"Can I just get a few-"

"No." My head snapped towards him, narrowing my eyebrows at him.

"No?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?"

"Why the hell do you think this is a choice?"

"If you read that letter, I would've wasted all that money for your spa shit."

"You forced me to go, and I told you I don't believe in full relaxation." Nicky sighed, taking a seat on his bed. "I wasn't going to read it though, not yet."

"Why not?"

"I'm still trying to be distant.. I just feel like it's better that way." I sighed.

"I need to ask you something, Jess."

"Ask away."

"Last night, when I kissed you, why did you kiss back?" I bit my lip, looking to my hands as I fiddled with them.

"I-I don't know."

"There's obviously a reason."

"I don't know, Nicky."

"So if I kissed you again, you still wouldn't know why?" I shook my head, gasping when he took my head in his hands and pressing his lips to mine. His lips rolled desperately with mine, accidentally pressing me to the wall.