14. Unplanned Attack

Jessie's POV

"We should go out tonight." Nicky spoke up, Cynthia nodded.

"Yeah, we should go-"

"You guys can go have fun, I'm staying here with my kids." I sighed.

"Jessica-"

"Don't argue with me, I'm gonna go take a nap."

"No, no more naps, Jessica."

"I have fatigue!" I spat.

"Because you keep taking all those gotdamn naps!" Nicky stood to his feet, "It's not healthy."

"You think I care about my health?"

"You should, otherwise, your kids will be left without a mother and Zayn will be left without someone to love. Unless, he decides to move on." The thought made me cringe, my anger boiling within me.

"Shut up." I grumbled.

"Mumma, I'm ready." Bentley walked in with his bookbag being dragged across the floor. He dropped it quickly and ran for the batch of blueberry muffins.

"Where's Lydia?"

"Uncle Harry is helping her." He stood on his toes, reaching over the counter. I chuckled and walked over, lifting him into my arms and handing him a muffin. "Thank you." He smiled as I kissed his head.

"I'm gonna walk you to school today, okay?" Bentley nodded. I caught all the crumbs that fell from his mouth and threw them in the trash, wiping the rest from him face, which he didn't like.

"Stop it!" He whined.

"Bents, your face is dirty. I'm gonna help." He pouted, continuing to whine as I cleaned his face. When I was done he slid down my side and ran to the living room. Harry had walked down the stairs with Lydia.

"Lydia looks a little pale, Jess, and she's wheezing. I think you should take her to the doctor's." I narrowed my eyebrows, Lydia was whimpering and she was definitely pale.

"No, she needs the hospital." I took her into my arms, the wheezing was audible now.

"I can take you." Nicky suggested, I nodded. He took Lydia as I quickly got dressed and went to his car.

When we arrived at the hospital, there wasn't much of a long line. People sat in the waiting room, sneezing, coughing, some even had hives.

"Hello, what's your emergency?"

"Um, my daughter is wheezing and she's very pale."

"Has this happened before?"

"No, she's usually very quiet though." The lady nodded. After giving her the sign-in papers, she ordered us to take a seat.

Lydia hadn't stopped whimpering, I was afraid that if she started crying, her mucus and little screaming would block her airways.

"Where's Patty?" I asked myself, looking around. "I need Patty."

"Patty has to take care of other patients right now." Nicky rubbed my back, "Lydia's gonna be fine."

"You know I don't believe that." I rocked Lydia in my arms, back and forth. She still wouldn't calm down.

"Allergies?" A woman next to us asked, I shook my head. "It is allergy season, you never know."

"Even with allergies, you can't be too careful." Nicky shrugged.

After an hour, we were still sitting in the waiting room. I was growing impatient.

"Take her." Nicky pulled Lydia onto his lap as I got up and went to the desk. "E-Excuse me?"