27. Taking A Step Back

Jessie's POV

"Daddy!" Bentley squealed when we got home, running into his arms. Lydia was sound asleep on my shoulder still.

"Hey buddy." I looked the the couch, she wasn't there. The pillows were placed perfectly on the couch, that annoyed me somehow.

Zayn walked over to me about to peck my lips when I dogded him, walking up the stairs.

After I laid Lydia in bed, I walked to my room and pulled off my jacket.

My breath hitched when I saw Zayn when I turned around.

"Y-You scared me.."

"Sorry." He chuckled as I sat down on the bed. "You alright?"

"Zayn, I think I'm... pregnant.. again. I-I keep throwing up and almost everytime I eat, I'm still hungry a-and I'm late-"

"Alright." He grinned, sitting beside me.

"Alright?"

"It's more than obvious that you are so we're having a baby."

"I-I just- I told myself I wouldn't try again because I was scared and I just gave into temptation a-and now-"

"So you don't want it?"

"Of course I do, but I'm just scared I'll lose it like I lost-" I couldn't finish my sentence, my hand smacking onto my mouth. "L-Like Adira.." Zayn pulled me into his arms, he wreaked of perfume. I just stood up, wiping my eyes. "I-I can't take the grief again, Zayn. I'll lose it if I can't save them."

"You will, babe. I know that because now you have my full support, anything you need." I sniffled, hugging myself.

"I-I'm scared." I whimpered.

"There's no need to be scared this time-"

"Don't bullshit me! I have a scarred uterus, there's prone to be some type of problem!"

"Doesn't mean you shouldn't enjoy your pregnancy, babe." He grinned, hugging my shoulders. I grumbled when I smelt the perfume once again.

"Please, don't touch me." I shrugged him off.

"What did I do? Is it the same thing as before?"

"No." I rubbed my arm, "You know, you're really bad at hiding things."

"I'm not hiding anything.."

"You smell like perfume."

"It's probably yours."

"Mine isn't that strong." Zayn sighed, leaning against the dresser. "You would've thought to wash off the scent, considering I saw you with her, too."

"Where?!"

"On the couch!"

"Oh, good."

"Good? Who is she, Zayn?"

"I can't tell you."

"And why not?"

"Because it'll ruin everything.." He rubbed his neck, making my jaw drop. "Jessie-"

"You dare bring her into my house, don't tell me who she is, and act like it's not a big deal?"

"Because it's really not."

"Then why won't you tell me who she is?!"

"I can't, Jessica! I really can't!"

"Then it's obviously a big deal and it's not worth keeping me to tell."